Grosvenor pressure cooker

amberrich, Jul 23, 11:01am
We recently bought one of these but after the first couple of times it wouldn't seal and come to pressure properly - just wondered if anyone else has had the same problems as not sure whether to exchange or buy another brand

deus701, Jul 23, 1:58pm
buy another brand. That one only cooks at low pressure. I bought a fagor duo, even brought it travelling.sadly the handle at the front broke off *wipes a tear*

cookessentials, Jul 23, 7:00pm
deus, you should be able to get spares for your Fagor pressure cooker. The distributors are in Auckland and they are called DKSH. I shall get you their telephone number when I get to work. If you telephone them, they will be able to help you. As an aside for the OP, Grosvenor pressure cookers are bought in to NZ by McPhersonsand I can give you their details if you would like them! or take it back to where you purchased it.

cookessentials, Jul 23, 9:32pm
DKSH09 415 1096. If it is the short handle at the front, you want a 803003 They are around $22 Ref# 98011280. If it's something else, let me know and I can give you the part number. You can get the following spare parts and it is actually handy to order yourself another one or two gaskets.

operating valve
handle assembly
short handle base
base handle
auto safety valve chrome
auto safety valve gasket
Lid gasket for the 80301 and 80305 Duo
Lid gasket for 80301, 80302 and 80303 Duo
Well insert
Instruction manual
Recipe book Duo
Steamer basket for 80300 Duo
Trivet.

Hope this helps.

cookessentials, Jul 23, 11:32pm
http://www.mcphersons.co.nz/catalogue/product/id/1986/for amberich, once you go on to the website, look up the "contact us" page

amberrich, Jul 24, 3:25pm
Thank you for the feedback - have taken the cooker back and they have offered to exchange it which I am happy with but didn't realise it only cooks on low pressure. Cookessentials thank you for the website - the cooker on there is the older style and the one I have has two different weights to use depending on what you are cooking (I believe) so will probably give it another go but if same probs will ask for a different brand. Best wishes and many thanks to you all :))

deus701, Jul 24, 4:32pm
Thanks for the info cooks. Im currently overseas, the short handle broke in pieces when i put it in cargo while travelling. Oh well, it still works fine.Will ring the number when i get back tho