Cream horn recipes

effcee1, Jul 24, 11:45pm
has anyone got any please. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

245sam, Jul 24, 11:51pm
effcee1, Allyson Gofton has a recipe on her website.Have a look at:-

http://www.ecook.co.nz/recipe/Cream-horns/!r=2801&fs=1

effcee1, Jul 25, 12:36am
Thank you 245sam, next question can you store in an air tight cannister overnight before loading in the cream or do they go to soft!

245sam, Jul 25, 12:56am
You're welcome effcee1, my pleasure to help.Now to answer your question - I have never made cream horns however I recall looking at them when for sale in the supermarkets and I see no reason at all why the cold cream horns couldn't be stored as you suggest then filled when required.:-))

cookiebarrel, Jul 25, 2:36am
You are right 245sam, will work fine if in airtight container.I make them often and do this.Don't fill with cream the night before as they will go soft.

retired, Jul 25, 8:39pm
I make these and always put a spot of jam in the bottom and then fill with cream, whipped with a teaspoon of vanilla instant pudding so that it holds its shape.I have had my moulds for years, never wash them, they can go rusty,just wipe them over and store in a container

macwood2, Jul 26, 6:55am
You can make them, cream them, and pop them in the freezer.They thaw in the twinkling of an eye and are perfect!No-one would know they have been frozen.

eastie3, Jul 26, 7:06am
Does anybody know where to purchase cream horn moulds!

245sam, Jul 26, 8:07am
I'm not sure if they have them eastie3, but I note that you're in the Wellington area so my first thought for you would be Moore Wilsons.:-))

narnas1, Jul 26, 8:56am
Listing #: 497653071

eastie3, Jul 28, 6:45am
Thanks very much for your replies,I've just bought some from another trader.

jaybee6, Aug 2, 4:49am
The two dollar shop sell the moulds. They do here in New Plymouth anyway. Cheers.

deerhunter1962, Aug 2, 5:55am
Hi macwood2 how long can they last in the freezer for without creaming them! thanks

macwood2, Aug 2, 6:54am
I have only done them a few days before I want them but if you think about the mini cream puffs, profiteroles, eclairs etc that you can buy (Pams etc)they are creamed and good to go and last for ages.