My Kitchen Rules

Page 7 / 8
esther-anne, Oct 9, 2:10am
Something has puzzled me for ages and I am sure there's a simple explanation if someone will clarify for me.

As an example - the 'jury' (nasty as they are) have been there for a few nights now.So the contestants are given a certain amount of time to make a dish which they make, apparently, for two (Manu and Peter.)So are they making enough for the jury to have servings too in what is usually a short space of time!After all with the jury there were a heck of a lot of serves to be made!So are they, in fact, preparing enough for say, 10 people!

What am I missing here-and does anyone understand what I am getting at lol!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 9, 2:13am
Yes they are. You see shots of all the plates when they're plating up, and they show the 'jury' at the tables eating.

strebor1, Oct 9, 2:27am
Always shouting at each other, but saying "darling" at the same time! It doesn't seem real!

lodgelocum, Oct 9, 3:02am
Not in my household anyway! lol, when I'm mad at hubby, he sure ain't called darling.

esther-anne, Oct 9, 3:55am
Yes of course I realise that we see the 'jury' eating bj, that's what prompted my query.But I have never noticed like 12 or so plates laid outon the benches ready for the food !They barely have room to cook on those benches let alone spread out a dozen plates.Would drive me nuts, I like to spread out.

Thanks for reply anyway, I will have to observe much more closely.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 9, 4:07am
I think the days of the jury are over - thankfully. Maybe it's one of those things that's done off-camera!

mopsy80, Oct 9, 4:41am
Did anyone manage to get the recipe for the limoncello chicken that was made last night!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 9, 4:55am
I agree that looks interesting.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 9, 11:14pm
Those macarons last night were awesome.
Here's the link to Nic and Rocco's limoncello chicken -
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/my-kitchen-rules/recipes/recipe/-/6940729/limoncello-chicken-with-zucchini-spaghetti-and-roasted-vegetables/

I've just noticed that this recipe doesn't have Nic & Rocco's name on, so must be from an earlier series. It still looks good though!

lodgelocum, Oct 10, 8:21am
Didn't think Leigh and Jennifer were going to make it tonight.Andy and Megans menu looked really nice, but loved the look of the chocolate tart the girls made.

gsdz4me, Oct 10, 7:25pm
I thought it was a jack up.I remember someone else being slaughtered because of an object (something that could have broken a tooth that was in a meal).So I cant understand if gravel was found by two of the judges why they got such high marks. I cant be bothered watching it to the end now.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 10, 7:49pm
So the 'darlings' have gone. All the entertaining, cringe-worthy people have left! Back to the cooking then.

ibcreative, Oct 10, 9:52pm
I don't understand it either. The judges didn't have anything bad to say about Andy & Megan's food, the girls food had gravel in it & yet they scored higher. Something not right there!

esther-anne, Oct 10, 11:51pm
Hard to comprehend!If those judges had been eating in a top class restaurant and found gravel in their food there would have been hell to pay.

Somethin's rotten in the State of Denmark (I think that saying is correct lol)!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 10, 11:58pm
Yes, I was surprised they scored so highly.
There were two different styles of cooking there though and maybe the judges are looking for more high-end food than the more rustic food that Megan and Andy cooked.
Looks like Andy should be cooking seafood for a job.

lodgelocum, Oct 15, 8:29am
So the boys made it through, final tomorrow night, can't wait.Didn't think the girls dessert looked that fantastic, must of tasted good for the judge to say it was her favourite in the entire show!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 15, 10:40pm
Poor Rocco - he lost his cool last night. Their dessert looked far too much and looked really boring on the plate. Not a patch on their macarons. I hope they do well tonight.

nicole1011, Oct 16, 12:44am
Go Nic and Rocco - I hope they kick those girls asses!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 16, 9:09pm
Hm - I didn't like that result much. The girls seemed to be in a bit of a shambles in the kitchen. I think even they were surprised.

carlosjackal, Oct 16, 9:34pm
The comments the female judges gave about Nic and Rocco's dishes were far more favourable than the comments they gave the 2 girls, especially as far as the dessert went, yet they rated them higher!! What a crock! Besides, the dessert the girls made wasn't even complete! It had a "smudge" of caramel on top - It didn't have the white tempered chocolate - and the judges all knew this!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 16, 9:44pm
I felt sorry for those lads. They did everything they could. Would have thought with such huge prize money that they could have something for runner-up.

nicole1011, Oct 16, 10:05pm
The boys were ripped off! The girls should never have got there in the first place with the gravel incident. Rigged.

lodgelocum, Oct 17, 12:12am
Poor Nic and Rocco, they are winners in my eyes, they so deserved to win.The judges are so inconsistent, they say one thing, then judge differently, can't figure them out.And as for the flower episode, caned the boys for putting it on hot food the other night, the girls did it last night and not a word said!

glynsmum, Oct 17, 2:46am
Anyone know what those things that went pop in the mouth were in Nic and Roccos sweet they did show the packet briefly but to quick for me please!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 17, 3:28am
Here's the recipe for the whole dish but they're just described as pop rocks -
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/my-kitchen-rules/recipes/recipe/-/13318774/chocolate-raspberry-pop-delight/