Flaky Puff Pastry help

karenz, Jul 18, 2:49am
I am making a chicken, leek and mushroom jalousie (it was in the Saturday DomPost magazine a few weeks ago), it says to put the pastry on a baking tray, then put the mixture on top and put another sheet on top.I don't think the sheets are big enough for this but would be ok in a casserole dish, question is will be bottom cook it it is in too deep a dish, and with baking paper do you put the shiny side up or down on the baking tray if I do go that way.

harrislucinda, Jul 18, 3:06am
pamsbakingpaperbothsideshineysodont thinkitmattersbutihavejustbrought thatnewnonstickfoil

karenz, Jul 18, 3:09am
Oh yes, I bought some of that non stick foil too, will use that, thanks.

sarahb5, Jul 18, 3:36am
Jalousie is supposed to be flat, thin, large rectangular shape - you will probably need to roll the sheets out so that they are big enough to line the baking tray, or make a long rectangle with the sides sealed with egg and a fork.It's supposed to look that a slatted blind, or one of those louvre doors.

http://www.destitutegourmet.com/cooking/pastry-tricks/jalousie

geldof, Jul 18, 4:09am
I usually put one sheet of pastry on the tray, top with filling leaving the edges clear.
Roll the second sheet slightly bigger in both directions and put over the filling.
Crimp the edges to seal, egg wash,then cut slits in the top.