What can I make with puff pastry?

antoniab, Jan 5, 6:14am
I have fresh plums, tinned plums, pears and peaches, frozen berries, cream and most baking ingredients - any ideas please :)

juliewn, Jan 5, 6:29am
Hi.. I have a delicious rhubarb recipe which adapts well to using other fruit - especially fresh plums or berries.. use the same quantity as the rhubarb..

Rhubarb Butterscotch Pie:

Heat oven to 200°C.
Line a pie dish with puff pastry

Wash 4 stems of rhubarb (or 2 to 3 cups plums, raspberries or boysenberries, or other fruit to your taste) and leave them to drip dry while you prepare the following:

Beat together till thick:
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup brown sugar

Add 1/2 (one half cup) cup flour & a pinch of salt and beat well till blended and thick. There's no baking powder.

Chop the rhubarb/fruit into bite sized pieces and spread evenly over the pastry.

Pour the egg mix over the rhubarb and spread out evenly.

Bake for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature and bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes or till the rhubarb has softened and the pastry has browned.

Serve hot, warm or cold with whipped cream or icecream.

antoniab, Jan 5, 7:07am
Cool sounds delish juliewn - thanks :)

kate777, Jan 5, 8:01am
Turnovers must be the easiest thing to make out of puff pastry and you can use any fruit. Serve with the cream.

Cut large circles out of the puff pastry, (cut around a plate or bowl)place cooked and cooled fruit on one half of the circle, leaving the edge clear.

Beat an egg and paint the edge of one half, then fold the circle in half. use a fork to press down the edges so that they're sealed. Place on a greased baking tray, paste the egg over the visible half, sprinkle with castor sugar and bake at around 200 deg c.

megsnz1, Jan 5, 9:27am
Make squares of pastry and puts apricot jam on and then pears on top - very simple and delicious

margyr, Jan 8, 11:29pm
Had a sheet of puff pastry left over so this morning I picked some rhubarb, washed it and cut into about 6 inch lengths then poured some boiling water over it, let is stand for about half a minute then drained it. Place it on the sheet of pastry with a slice of apple on as well then rolled it like a sausage roll, glazed the top with egg and sprinkled with sugar, baked till golden. They were Yummy!!!

buzzy110, Jan 16, 3:14am
Mille feuille