Orange Cauliflower

tahnasha, Jun 23, 5:47am
Are so funky, I got one in the supermarket in Oz today, they had purple ones as well.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/QueenBeesWax/Cauliflower.jpg

gardie, Jun 23, 6:24am
Have grown both of these - are nice blanched and placed on a platter with a satay dip.Enjoy.

davidt4, Jun 23, 6:27am
The orange ones are great, aren't they.They seem to keep their texture better than white or purple ones, and have a very good flavour.

We grow them at home and it's interesting to note that the blackbirds who snack on our vege seedlings prefer the orange cauli seedlings to any of the other brassica seedlings.

vintagekitty, Jun 23, 6:32am
Are the orange ones supposed to be the cheese flavour!, I have some growing atm

davidt4, Jun 23, 7:21am
The cultivar is called "Cheddar" but that's just a marketing name.They don't taste of cheese!

tahnasha, Jun 23, 8:47am
They just tasted the same as the white ones to me, the kids ate them though because they were orange, LOL

lythande1, Jun 23, 8:16pm
The orange one tastes the same as white, it also loses it's colour a bit when cooked.
The purple is not a cauliflower even though they call it thatbut is actually abroccoli. It loses all it's colour and tastes like broccoli.

vintagekitty, Jun 23, 9:57pm
ha, the kids chose them because they love cauliflower and cheese. We have enough planted that it looks like I am a market gardener!. We planted some of the purple ones as well