Chicken rolls - like asparagus rolls but different

eleyne, Jun 23, 12:17am
I had these at a do the other week and I want to make them. They are like asparagus rolls but instead of asparagus they had a chicken filling. I think there was also cream cheese, mayonnaise, spring onion, not sure what else in the filling. Does anyone know what I mean! Google has not worked for me so far.

livinginsin, Jun 23, 12:20am
OMG that sounds delicious, have had before and I think they may also have a wee bit of wholegrain mustard.

eleyne, Jun 23, 12:21am
they were sooooo yummy - and I have had no luck finding a recipe

fran142, Jun 23, 1:20am
Chicken Rolls Filling1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken, 1/2 cup sour cream,3 Tbsp mayonaise, 1/4 cupchopped celery (opt)1/2 grated cheese,2 Tbsp chopped spring onions, 1Tbsp finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper ,mix well. remove crusts from 10 -12 slices of thin bread and flatten slightly with rolling pin Place about 1Tbsp chicken mixture in centre of bread,roll up from one corner to diagonially opposite corner secure with toothpicks.Enjoy

eastie3, Jun 23, 1:32am
I used to make dozens at a time.I poached the chicken breasts withsliced lemon,fresh thyme, a small onion and a bay leaf.When chicken is cool,shred and mix with mayo,and wholegrain mustard,just enough to bind.Make a coleslaw including plenty of parsley and mint along with the usual carrot,onion and celery,all finely chopped.Salt and pepper.

Remove the crusts from a loaf of sandwich bread,its easier to use an electric knife if you are making in quantity.Butter bread right to the edges,add coleslaw and chicken,roll up diagonally and secure with a dab of butter,no need for toothpicks.Cut in half so they can stand up rather than laying flat on the plate.Can sprinkle with finely chopped fresh herbs.

eleyne, Jun 23, 2:08am
thanks muchly!

korbo, Jun 23, 2:56am
I once made (for a bit of a joke for someone who craves asp).
drained and mashed a tin of peas, with black peper and mayonaise, then rolled up like asp rolls. To my surprise they went down well.
Have also done savoury egg and rolled instead of triangle sandwiches

strawbs3, Jun 23, 3:25am
I just used chopped left over chicken, mayo (buget is nice) some red onion and salt and pepper.use this alot for sandwich filling too.

huia991, Jun 23, 5:10am
I used to fill them with chicken, apricot sauce, chopped spring onion and cream cheese.If itneeded to be thinned out a bit I would do it with mayo or cream.Did these for a supper for over 200 and people raved about them.

kinna54, Jun 23, 5:13am
Had a $ for every one of these I'd made I'd be a millionaire>>
I always just did them with crusts off buttered bread, a thin layer of mayo (ranch is nice with chicken) you can add a touch of cranberry or apricot sauce if desired, a piece of frilled fancy lettuce, then the sliced cooked chicken *I prefer sliced rather than shredded as it's bitty* (so it looks like a piece of chicken rather than a blob) and just roll.
yummy and very effective when plated. Also often cut them in half and stood them on the blunt end, for a very dainty mini version.

mackenzie2, Jun 23, 6:00am
When we cater we do a cheats chicken roll, delicious. we always get asked for the recipe,it is just chopped smoken chicken and chilli filly, mixed together and spread on crustless bread, then rolled

nondescipt, Jun 24, 2:28am
I worked in a coffee shop and we use to do shredded chicken, mayo and bean sprouts they always went well.

nondescipt, Jun 24, 2:28am
I worked in a coffee shop and we use to do shredded chicken, mayo and bean sprouts they always went well. Alfa alfa sprouts.