Cupcake help please :)

sav271007, Jun 24, 1:42am
My daughter has a cupcake decorating competition at school on Wednesday so i baked all of her cupcakes today, question is would you freeze them all till Tuesday night or will they stay quite fresh in a container till then!

And when decorated on Tues night (with buttercream and fondant) how shall i keep them overnight that will prevent sweating etc. ! Thanks so much

nzbadger, Jun 24, 1:46am
Depends on your recipe. Mite be OK. I would have made them Tuesday & decorated Tuesday night fresh for wed. :-)
Eat those made ones now & make more Tuesday :-)

sav271007, Jun 24, 1:48am
yea that was the plan lol but ive got a busy two days so thought id get them over with now so i dont need to worry

sav271007, Jun 24, 1:48am
One recipe is standard marble cupcake recipe, the other is sponge

harrislucinda, Jun 24, 1:49am
arethey afirmoraspongetypemixture!Theywillonlybefrozentoday andmondaythentakenouttuesShouldstayokin agoodcontaineruntilthenIwouldthinkjustleaveopenonceicedjustincase they do sweathopethishelps

sav271007, Jun 24, 1:56am
Cool thanks ill just hope they still taste good then!

chicco2, Jun 24, 2:35am
Freeze till nearly ready to ice. Allow to thaw on cake rack. Ice and decorate. Dont seal in container. Just put lid on loosely till ready to transport. This should prevent sweating and fondant going too soft. How is she going to decorate them!

sav271007, Jun 24, 4:05am
Thanks chicco2 ive decided to freeze one batch and store other batch then ill have back ups just incase :)
we're not sure yet, shes only 5 so i've coloured fondant and she can make some things with that i suppose

chicco2, Jun 24, 4:40am
Coloured fondant will be perfect. Do you have any simple small cutters! Hearts, stars, little flowers. Pop a cashous on a flower or on a star, easy and cute.

masina6, Jun 24, 8:52am
Hi. What are those cookies called please!. im looking fro a cookie recipe like yours.

chicco2, Jun 24, 6:10pm
Hi, the cookies are just a basic shortbread recipe.