Seeking Pineapple Pudding recipe

maegit, Apr 13, 6:16am
My gran used to make it all the time. It was really simple. But do you think I can remember it? ! ! No. . and I thought I'd never forget.

I know it uses a tin of pineapple pieces ... and the juice I think.
Was warm and thickened maybe with cornflour... sort of like custard but not.
I must have thrown out the recipe during one of my moves :(
Any ideas appreciated

petal1955, Apr 13, 7:24am
This may be what you are looking for

Pineapple Pudding

450grms tin crushed pineapple
3 tablespoons custard powder
¼ cup water
125grms butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
¼ cup corn flour
1&1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Bring pineapple to boil and thicken with custard powder and water. Cool
Cream butter and sugar add egg then sifted dry ingredients.
Roll out thinly. Press half into a shallow tin about 9inches square. Spread with pineapple mixture. Cover with remaining shortcake. Bake in a 180 degree C oven for 25-30 mins until golden brown and firm in centre. Serve hot with whipped cream or ice cream.

basenjibabe, Apr 13, 8:00am
Or is it the pineapple pudding with custard, then meringue on top?

catsmeat1, Apr 13, 8:10am
I just glanced at something on Food TV tonight, I improvised it and we had it for pudding. Yumm. Drain 1 tin pineapple pieces well, melt large knob of butter in saucepan, once bubbling, add pineapple, sizzle a few minutes, add a tbsp of honey, simmer till slightly caramelised. and EAT, we had icecream with it.

tonys., Apr 13, 8:30am
Go to Google and ask for pineapple pudding.

hezwez, Apr 13, 9:11am
A favourite with the family is semolina pineapple pudding, cooking up some semolina, then adding a tin of drained pineapple pieces and lemon juice to taste.

donald6, Apr 13, 10:10am
Maybe this one? 1 tin pineapple, 2oz flour, 2 eggs separated, 2oz butter, 1 1/2C milk, 1/2C sugar. Put most of milk in a pot with the butter. Beat yolks with sugar & add. heat till it bubbles around the edge then thicken with the flour which is mixed with the rest of the milk. Take off heat, add pineapple juice & beat. Pour over pineapple in a dish. When cool, top with meringue made with whites & 2oz sugar. brown in oven.

marywea, Apr 13, 8:47pm
HAWAIANSHORTCAKE

Cream 4oz butter with 6oz sugar.
Add1 egg. Vanilla. Add 8oz flour-more if needed to make it workable, 1 and ½ teasp BP. ,
Filling: 1 tin crushed pineapple-strain off juice which is then brought to boil and thickened with1 good dessp of cornflour. Add ½ cup sugar, pineapple and 4-5 bananas mashed with 1 teasp of lemon juice. Spread on ½ shortcake mixture and put rest of shortcake on top. Sprinkle with coconut and bake.
My Mother made this on an oven tray-it makes a lot. We loved it and no need to use so many bananas if you don’t have them.

maegit, Feb 9, 5:47pm
Thank you for the replies!
Perhaps it was just the gooey bit... I know there was no baking or bases/toppings.

And google is a nightmare! I did that once and found nothing like it.
Thought someone in nz might have done the same pudding.
Just cant remember if there were eggs (it wasnt exactly a custard as it didnt taste like 'custard' . . it just looked like it)

Will have to try some of the suggestions above :)