3 Ingredient pineapple cake

marcs, May 22, 1:50pm
Any one else find the 3 ingdredient pineapple cake doughy? It is an easy recipe but I find is so doughy that I don't like it.

jennyfenny1, May 22, 9:17pm
three ingredients? what were they?

harrislucinda, May 22, 9:20pm
yes!whatwasteofingredturn,soutlikerubber!
justlikealltheotherrecipescrap

245sam, May 22, 9:24pm
Ingredient Pineapple cake is wonderfull Finally got around to making it, it sure tastes wonderfull.. for those who havent tried..

2 cups self raising flour,
1 cup sugar, one 450 grm can crushed pineapple.
MIx wet into dry.. I needed about a tablespoon extra water.
Bake in a ring tine at 180- 35-40 mins. Yummmy
lx4000 (707 )1:16 pm, Fri 4 Feb #23

marcs, May 23, 1:38am
I just managed to fix it I think. I added a 1/4tsp baking soda, 2 eggs and about 2 - 3 tbs of water because I don't think there is enough liquid in it. Baked it in muffin tins at 220c for about 15 minutes. It doesn't have that sticky gluggy feel to it now. Oh and I only used 1/2 cup sugar.

pickles7, May 23, 6:38am
pic please

standard, May 23, 8:08am
Came out perfect for me, just added a wee bit of liquid...

rkcroft, May 23, 9:12am
It sounds as bad as that disgusting rubber monstrosity people call a fruit cake using 1kg dried fruit, flour and orange juice or coffee.There is a reason why cakes have butter and eggs and sugar - that's what makes them have moisture, texture and flavour.

raebee, May 23, 9:57am
it was the first (and last) ever thing i made from those stupid 3 or 4 ingredient cookbooks... can you tell it put me off ever makiing another recipe from them!Yep it was doughy and i'd never serve to anyone.i don't think i'll bother perfecting it, i'll just leave well alone...

lindylambchops1, May 23, 10:07am
Mmmm..I did the one with fruit & chocolate milk....it was disgusting!

marcs, May 23, 1:50pm
Any one else find the 3 ingdredient pineapple cake doughy! It is an easy recipe but I find is so doughy that I don't like it.

jennyfenny1, May 23, 9:17pm
three ingredients! what were they!

245sam, May 23, 9:24pm
Ingredient Pineapple cake is wonderfull Finally got around to making it, it sure tastes wonderfull. for those who havent tried.

2 cups self raising flour,
1 cup sugar, one 450 grm can crushed pineapple.
MIx wet into dry. I needed about a tablespoon extra water.
Bake in a ring tine at 180- 35-40 mins. Yummmy
lx4000 (707 )1:16 pm, Fri 4 Feb #23

marcs, May 24, 1:38am
I just managed to fix it I think. I added a 1/4tsp baking soda, 2 eggs and about 2 - 3 tbs of water because I don't think there is enough liquid in it. Baked it in muffin tins at 220c for about 15 minutes. It doesn't have that sticky gluggy feel to it now. Oh and I only used 1/2 cup sugar.

standard, May 24, 8:08am
Came out perfect for me, just added a wee bit of liquid.

rkcroft, May 24, 9:12am
It sounds as bad as that disgusting rubber monstrosity people call a fruit cake using 1kg dried fruit, flour and orange juice or coffee.There is a reason why cakes have butter and eggs and sugar - that's what makes them have moisture, texture and flavour.

raebee, May 24, 9:57am
it was the first (and last) ever thing i made from those stupid 3 or 4 ingredient cookbooks. can you tell it put me off ever makiing another recipe from them!Yep it was doughy and i'd never serve to anyone.i don't think i'll bother perfecting it, i'll just leave well alone.

lindylambchops1, May 24, 10:07am
Mmmm.I did the one with fruit & chocolate milk.it was disgusting!

marcs, May 24, 11:06am
Sorry no pictures as was making it for the school canteen but by the looks of it there is not enough liquid in it so either reduce the flour or add more liquid which ended up being eggs and bit of water for me. It turned out nice not gluggy an disgusting. More of cake texture. I think having high heat helped as well. I baked it in muffin tin at 220c fan forced. Can add a little oil.