Edmonds Sponge Oyster recipe help pls

fergus2, Jul 3, 8:42am
My Edmonds book has fallen apart, and I am desperate to make Sponge Oysters.I'm not even sure if the recipe is in the book - or if I am thinking of an old recipe of my mums, but if anyone has their Edmonds handy, can they please check for me & post the recipe. not sure I am brave enough to adapt the Cinnamon Oyster recipe.Thanks heaps.

245sam, Jul 3, 8:50am
fergus2, I have checked my two older (pre 1970's and 1976) Edmond's books and they both have Sponge Cake, Sponge Drops, Sponge Roll or Sandwich, Sponge Sandwich but neither have a recipe called Sponge Oysters - could it be the recipe for Sponge Drops that you are thinking of!If so, please do ask and I'll post that recipe for you asap.:-))

fergus2, Jul 3, 8:53am
It may be Sponge Drops sam. but rather than making them flatish and sandwiching them together with cream (and Lemon Curd!) I want them cooked in the oyster trays and split - would this be an option for the recipe, or am I thinking of something totally different!

jmori, Jul 3, 8:08pm
I can only find the recipe for cinnamon cream oysters.could you do that and leave out the cinnamon!

jmori, Jul 3, 8:09pm

fergus2, Jul 4, 1:29am
Thanks for the link & ideas jmori.

I decided to do the Cinnamon Oysters, but left out the Golden Syrup, Cinnamon & Ginger, and changed the baking soda to baking powder.They were amazingly divine cooked in the oyster trays, with lemon curd and whipped cream!Everyone snaffled them up with plenty of ohhhs and ahhhs!

karenbnz, Jul 5, 11:01am
Sounds yummy, how do you make the lemon curd! Did you sprinkle with icing sugar! I often make cinnamon oysters. It is great to try something different.