Bluff Oyster Recipes

dramaqueen4, Apr 16, 12:34am
Anyone got any good Bluff Oyster recipes they'd like to share? I purchased a doz for *gasps* $22. 00 and would like some good ideas on what else you could do with them besides crumbed to deep fry etc. Help? TIA.

bernice1, Apr 16, 12:37am
swallow raw with a squeeze of lemon if you must.

fifie, Apr 16, 12:45am
Drain off juice, put a little vinegar in a bowl add oysters, salt, ground black pepper and devour... . Beautiful for fat juicy bluff oysters... . Lucky you... . .

cookessentials, Apr 16, 12:54am
If you Google "Bluff oyster recpes" you will find some interesting ones.

evebee, Apr 16, 1:04am
I love oysters on Toast with a little sprinkle of vinegar and pepper. sounds odd but it is lovely. the best way is just raw as fifie says however. enjoy

fisher, Apr 16, 1:26am
x1
Still like them in a light crispy batter and deep fried in stinkin hot oil. .

pickles7, Apr 16, 6:14am
like a good, whisky. . on the rocks, or leave well alone

buzzy110, Apr 16, 6:19am
In this one respect we are in total agreement on both counts.

If you want to cook, buy Pacific oysters.

beaker59, Apr 16, 7:40am
I am one of the lucky ones who likes Pacific's almost as much as Bluffies raw, and prefers Pacifics cooked. But then I collect Pacific's for free and have to pay a fortune for Bluffies so guess what I usually eat :)

poppysinger2, Apr 16, 8:35am
we love them dipped in white flour and shallow fried in butter , served with buttered white bread and a squeeze of lemon. Oh my word Im salivating at the thought ... ...

samanya, Apr 16, 8:41am
same here... raw BLUFF oysters on toast ... except I use lemon juice & freshly ground pepper
At the price I have to pay down here. . makes 1 dozen go a bit further without sacrificing any flavour

donnabeth, Apr 16, 8:50am
I haven't bought any this season. Last year they were so small I nearly cried. What happened to the big fat juicy oysters I recall from my youth?

annie.nz, Apr 16, 9:50am
Agree entirely. And that has to be DYC malt vinegar. And I prefer preground white pepper, for the traditional touch.

buzzy110, Feb 6, 11:09am
I think you were sold seconds. I can buy 2doz seconds for $25 and they are smaller than the first grade. Next time, ask to have the lid removed and check them out first. I always do and I sniff them too. It is too much money to spend on 2nd rate products.