*CHEESECAKE - HELP!*

tania112, Jul 8, 8:33am
I have made a boysenberry cheesecake only once.The taste was great, but I didn't like the texture of the boysenberry topping.It was like jelly.I did use gelatine.But, I would like the topping to be more like a sauce.What can I do!

rjmeikle, Jul 8, 8:42am
Take boysenberries and sprinkle generously with icing sugar.Leave overnight and then mouli them up to make a couli,pour that on top and it will be yummy!

biggles45, Jul 8, 8:47am
2 cups boysenberries
1 1/2 teaspoon cornflour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest

Thaw berries if using frozen. If using fresh, wash .
Press through sieve or liquidiser. Pressing through sieve before blending allows removes the seeds.
Mix cornflour, lemon juice, and sugar with cool water
Cook the cornflour mixture, boysenberry juice, and lemon zest and over medium heat stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and smooth
Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stir to prevent burning.
Chill until ready to serve with dessert.
Can also use raspberries, strawberries etc instead of boysenberries.

tania112, Jul 8, 8:47am
If I am using a tin of boysenberries that I have blended up (juice and all), then put through a strainer to get rid of all the seeds and have just the juice left, then what!

tania112, Jul 8, 8:51am
Thanks.I just saw your comment come up after I had posted my other question.I did wonder if I am using tinned boysenberries, if I simply cooked or boiled the juice with sugar or something, if it would then become thick, ha ha.Not much of a chef I am.

nadineb, Jul 9, 8:46am
Drained juice from tin of boysenberries
1 dessertspoon of cornflour
Boil juice and cornflour together mix both together before heating and then boil stirring until syrupy cool slightly spread onto chilled cheescake

deflatedpumpkin, Jul 9, 8:54am
used to be able to buy fruit puree kind of stuff that you mix in with yoghurt. mum used to get the passionfruit stuff for on top of cheesecake, it's just like fruit sauce with the yummy chunky bits still in there!

angel404, Jul 9, 9:22am
This is what i use as well. Cept we prefer the raspberry flavour :)

tania112, Jul 9, 10:58am
Will it taste like cornflour though!Like I said, I haven't had any exprience with cheesecake or the topping, ha ha.Thats why I ask such a dum question.

tania112, Jul 9, 11:00am
Mmm, sounds yum - brand!I did have this strawberry typed topping that was in a foil bag and was meant for icecream topping I think.And I was thinking of using that, but it seemed far too sweet to be on a cheesecake.

gardie, Jul 9, 6:52pm
There will be no cornflour taste provided you bring it back to the boil once you have added the cornflour.Just to the boil and then off again.This will make your fruit thicker rather than the gelatine which actually sets it.The cornflour and fruit will thicken more on cooling.

nadineb, Jul 10, 9:49am
That right Gardieits does thinken a little once cooledTania112 youare only using a small amount of cornflour have done this heaps of times using the cornflour and never had a cornflour tasteits just to thicken the sauce I also use drained pineapple juice as well and that works fine also will post my cheesecake receipe that I do with this topping

nadineb, Jul 10, 9:57am
Mrs Pattersons Cheesecake

1 pkt of malt biscuits
5 ounces of butter melted (very old recipe)
crush biscuits and mix with melted butter and put into tin
1 pkt of cream cheese
5 ounces of sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla -optional I do not use it
1 large tin of crushed pineapple drain(keep the juice for a topping)
3 tsps gelatine
1/2 cup really hot water
Dissolve Gelatine in hot water .Mix cream cheese and sugar until well mixed and then add drained pineapple mix then add vanilla and gelatine /hot water and add to rest of the ingredients and mix then put into tin on the biscuit base.

Leave to chill can put this topping on if you want I do

Topping optional as well
Pineapple juice
1 dessertspoon of cornflour
Boil juice and cornflour together mix both together before heating and then boil stirring until syrupy spread onto chilled pineapple base
With this cheesecake you can also put into a flatter tin and cut into squares

tania112, Jul 11, 1:37am
Ooohhhh, yum - pineapple!I've never tasted a pineapple flavoured cheesecake - where has it been all my life, ha ha.

tania112, Jul 11, 1:40am
*****PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE*****
Tried this the other day at a local cafe.Paid the price for it though $6!Thought that was a rip off, but wanted to see what it would taste like.Peanut butter flavouring or whatever was obviously in with the cream cheese and the chocolate was the topping.

I love sweets, so will guzzle down almost anything, ha ha - but, I am unsure whether I loved it or not.Was very different though, and rich.

kev3110, Jul 15, 6:02am
I just made an orange cheesecake, found the recipe in an old mag at work, 15 daughter said it was the best cheese cake she has ever had. High praise or what! Had more of a Jaffa flavor than orange.

nadineb, Jul 16, 6:32am
Are you going to share the receipe

kev3110, Jul 16, 6:47am
I certainly can.
85 g orange jelly
3/4 cup boiling water
250g choc chip biscuits
125g melted butter
250g cream cheese
1/2cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup orange juice
Zest of half orange
1 cup of cream
1 crunchie bar

Make jelly and cool for 10 mins. Crutch biscuits and combine with melted butter. Press mixture into loose based 21 cm tin. Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, juice and zest in blender. Add jelly. Beat cream til fluffy and add to cream cheese. Fold everything together, pour over half mixture into base. Crumble half the crunchie bar over the top, then pour over remaining mixture. Chill overnight, crumble remaining crunchie over cheesecake just before serving. YUM!