Sausages for dinner again!

dapna, Jul 10, 2:47am
Does anyone have any variations on curried, plain or tomato based sauce!

mattdylan, Jul 10, 2:49am
Why does it have to be a sauce! What about chopped up sausage stirred thru pasta with pesto and toms

medicina, Jul 10, 2:51am
Cut with cheese stick down the middle.
Or in brown onion gravy, mmm.

queenmaeb, Jul 10, 2:52am
!

Sausages = sausage meat.

Think various types of rissoles. How about a meat loaf!
Or if you're leaving them as sausages : toad in the hole or sausages chopped up on sticks.

ange164, Jul 10, 3:02am
it is tomato based - but tasty and a little different.
Sausage casserole with a tin of chilli beans in there and some veggies.
http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2008/may/hfg-sausage-casserole

effcee1, Jul 10, 3:05am
Curried on a bed of rice.

biggles45, Jul 10, 3:05am
Toad in the hole - yummy, haven't done that for ages.
If it's not too late (depends how late you eat) our lot love sausage casserole, add some chilli (real, powder or from a jar) for a bit of zing!

dapna, Jul 10, 3:10am
Sounds yummy, will give it a go tonight! Family not keen on Meatloaf but will try a Toad in the hole another night as we have heaps of sausages with the last beast we had done. Thanks for all the ideas

indy95, Jul 10, 3:18am
If you have pastry you could use the sausagemeat to make a tasty gigantic sausage roll to be sliced or individual rolls or you could panfrythe sausages then wrap each in pastry to make "pigs in blankets" ( or a version of them.)

dbab, Jul 10, 3:35am
Make up a packet of Rice Rissotto, and add sliced, cooked sausages.
particularly nice with the Chinese Rice.

carlos57, Jul 10, 3:49am
Chop precooked sausages and place in a casserole dish. In a fry pan, saute a chopped onion in butter. Add to the pan a packet of French onion soup (or other flavour) mixed with 1 1/2 cups water. Cook in pan till starts to thicken. Pour over the sausages and mix. Top with mashed or cooked cubed potato and grated cheese. Bake at 180 for about 30 minutes. Enjoy :)

iriegirl, Jul 10, 4:03am
Squeeze out the sausage meat, add some onion,garlic, sauces, herbs, shape into meatballs and have with a rich tomato sauce and spaghetti, mmmm.

geldof, Jul 10, 4:42am
Split them and fill with chutney.
Put them in a baking dish and cover with mashed potato or kumera or pumpkin depending on the flavours in the chutney.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake.
My kids love this.
I usually do extra potato the night before.

pamellie, Jul 10, 4:49am
Sounds yum!
Do you precook them first!

maggie197, Jul 10, 5:02am
Sausage Roly-Poly
Make a cheese scone dough, roll into oblong.
Squeeze out the sausage meat into a bowl, mix in onion, grated carrot, whatever extras appeal ie tomato sauce/chutney, mustard, mixed herbs. Spread out over rolled scone dough, roll up into log shape, cut into slices about 2" thick, place on tray and bake 180C for approx 20 minutes or until meat cooked.

gerry64, Jul 10, 5:08am
My uni neighbour does a green curry paste with coconut milk etc and sausages - blimmin lovely - first time she invited me over to share I was reluctant but it was very tasty

geldof, Jul 10, 5:27am
I usually bring them to the boil at least.Mainly to get some of the fat out.

nauru, Jul 10, 7:47am
I made this recipe for tea tonight, it's a crockpot recipe
Sausage Casserole
6 sausages of choice
1 onion sliced
100g mushrooms sliced
2 carrots sliced
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 teasp each dried thyme and rosemary
2 tablsp flour
1 teasp cumin
1 cup red wine
1 cup stock
Oil for frying
Preheat crockpot on high while preparing recipe. Remove sausages from skin and cut each into 6 pieces. Mix together flour & cumin and toss sausages in it. Remove surplus flour andbrown sausages in a little oil in pan. Put into crockpot. Add onion to pan and brown, add mushrooms, carrots and herbscook 2 minutes. Add wine and stock, stir mixture to degalze pan.Put into crockpot on top of sausages.Stir and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed brocolli or rice.

barneyboy1999, Jul 10, 8:09am
Similar to geldof, I save leftover sausages and mashed potato then the next night split the sausages, line up on oven tray, drizzle sauce (tomato/bbq/steak/chutney), stuff with potato, maybe another sauce drizzle then sprinkle with cheese and grill until heated through.Great for a warm winter lunch, snack or dinner for kids with a side of broccoli when mum'n'dad feel like something the kids wont eat.

sossie1, Jul 10, 8:11am
chop the sausages up into small bits, and make "cheats' meatballs

shop-a-holic, Jul 10, 9:56pm
No Mess Sausage Peeling: You don't have to squeeze the meat out of your raw, fresh sausages.Simply run a sharp knife cutting the casing under cold running water. The raw casing peels off cleanly, and the water does not affect the meat.

myboylollipop, Jul 10, 10:04pm
Squeeze the sausage meat out add onion make a patty ,fry an egg,add both to a muffin and you have a sausage and egg Mcmuffin for lunch.

dapna, Jul 10, 10:06pm
nauru, that sounds delicious have printed out and will try another time. Thanks
myboylollipop, this is a great trick I always do it and it so much less messy

daniclark, Jul 11, 8:15am
chop onion, carrot, celery really finely, maybe iin the mixer, do the same with sausages. Tkae them out of the foil and press them out. Heat oil and mix all the ingredients, put some salt, pepper, chicken stock and can of tomatoes. To enhance the flavour of tomatoes put just a bit of sugar. Cook pasta and you have a ragu