Boxed Cake Mixes

glynsmum, Jun 24, 9:34pm
What is the best brand please!

cookessentials, Jun 24, 10:24pm
I like the Donna Hay ones

glynsmum, Jun 24, 10:36pm
Thank you can you also tell me where to purchase,! I don't think I've seen them in Countdown.

glynsmum, Jun 25, 2:31am
Bump for cookessentials please

kirmag, Jun 25, 2:58am
My sister loves the Betty Crocker Devils Food Cake - she uses it for all the kids bday parties, and it's always moist and everyone always comments on how nice the cake it.

glynsmum, Jun 25, 3:04am
Well thanks kirmag I know I can get BC in Countdown I usually make my own but got a mystery(fiction) from the library and it had recipes in the back and one or two look really yummy but used cake mixes,of course the ones recommended only available in America.

carriebradshaw, Jun 25, 3:07am
cookessentials-I didnt realise the Donna Hay cake mixes were available here.I've seem them on her websiteand being a massive fan of hers would love to get hold of some.

kirmag, Jun 25, 3:15am
No worries.haha always the way, tempt you with things you can't have lol.

duckmoon, Jun 25, 3:20am
I like the Betty crocker devil cake

kara101, Jun 25, 11:24pm
Edmonds and Betty Crocker are both really nice.Back in the old days thehy were not that nice, but now things have changed. i always buy them now as they are cheap and easy to make and always work!Whoopie pies are also delicious they are the latest thing out in the cake mix area. seriously try any sort they are all really nice!

mindi1, Jul 6, 9:58pm
Betty Crocker devil's food cake is great ~ dark and moist. Wonderful when sliced in half and stacked with plum jam. However I prefer to make my own frosting. The one supplied in the sachet (the same they sell in the tub) is pretty think and I found it difficult to cover the whole cake (the top; it certainly wouldn't have spread over the sides.

kara101, Jul 11, 10:59am
Yeah i found the icing a bit measly as well, when i made the caramel swirl cake as you had to put some of the icing into the batter to make the caramel.But yummy still.