Tupperware mould desserts

pats3, Jul 13, 10:37am
Does anyone have any recipes for Tupperware mould desserts. In particular I was wanting a particular one I made earlier in the year but can't remember where I got the recipe from :-(.I remember it had sponge, boysenberries and cream but can't remember if there was anything else.

Thank you

aglarana, Jul 13, 10:41am
When I saw your title that's exactly the one I was going to suggest. And yes, that's all there is to it. Don't forget to keep the juice.
I also like to use tinned dark plums(pitted). Yummy.

pats3, Jul 13, 11:03am
Thank you. Can you please tell me how to assemble it, that is, sponge in first but at what point do I add the boysenberries and cream.

arabelle, Jul 13, 11:16am
If its like the ones made back in the 90sit went sponge about 3cm thick, then cream, then sponge, then fruit etc. ending in sponge. so one of those supermarket double sponges would make the4 layers landing up with7 layers = 4 sponge ,2 fruit,1 cream. from memory. I think I then poured a jelly in and set it. or just the pressure alone after 2hrs in the fridge 'set' it

aglarana, Jul 13, 11:20am
x1
I just do a layer of sponge, half whipped cream, berries, rest of the cream, slowly pour half the juice over it, cover with sponge, pour the rest of the juice over it, cover, put in fridge.
But then, I have the old jelly mould with the centre piece so there isn't a lot of room for too many layers. And I love berries/plums and cream. lol.

pats3, Jul 13, 9:28pm
Thank you. Yes I have the mould with the centre piece too.

kinna54, Jul 14, 3:13am
x1
Search on here under my name.sure I posted it here around xmas time. I normally like to dip the 1st layer of sponge in a bit of juice and let it absorb so that the juice, flavour and colouring go right thru the dessert, then the layers of drained boysenberries, sponge and cream, just repeat the layers.
I make it often and have used choc sponge as well.

miffycat1, Jul 14, 6:23am
I have tried to find this, have a retro lunch to go to, thought i would make this, but cannot find recipe, looked at your past postings.
Would you mind reposting !

brish, Jul 14, 7:07am
x1
I do it halving the sponge, light side to the mold, place half in the bottom and use another half round to do the sides, tip the boysenberries in and fill with cream.Put a sponge "lid" on top of the cream with light side up, then put the mould lid on and flip.That will give you a marbled effect.The best bit is having half a sponge round left which you put jam on, and cover with cream, and eat.You cant' waste food:-)

gardie, Jul 14, 9:02am
Before you start, crumble a flake into the mould first then start with the sponge, cream, boysenberry layers.When whipping the cream, do it in the shaker (or a jar).That way there is not too much air whipped into the cream and it makes for a better result.

carchic, Jul 14, 10:09am
Does anyone have the recipe for the broken jelly one with the jelly set in cream or soemthing please!

gardie, Jul 14, 8:04pm
Try this one:http://www.foodlibrarian.com/2009/06/stained-glass-jello-laker-nation-style.htmlGoogle "stained glass jelly" for other recipes.

dbab, Jul 14, 9:53pm
That looks like fun. Must try it.

carchic, Jul 14, 11:57pm
Yeah i found that later in the night! LOL I dont remember ever using condensed milk tho. =o) hehe thanks!

this is the one i found http://www.foodlibrarian.com/2011/08/7-layer-finger-jello.html very cool also

noelee, Jul 15, 12:56am
Chocolate sponge roll sliced to line the outside of the jelly mould some berry juice drizzled over the sponge roll keeps it moist fill either withboysenberries or strawberries and cream also I have used ambosia(yoghurt berries crushed meringues whipped cream chopped chitchats).

kinna54, Jul 15, 1:51am
***NB:****
Was just re reading thru this, and noted I need to clarify a bit:
for the boysenberry recipe: just to define my wording sorry: when I say drizzle the juice that is not good terminology:
I actually spoon the juice over gently, so that it soaks into the sponge, being careful to not soak the sponge sodden, just enough to moisten.
It also ensures there is enough juice to coat each layer, and I gently spoon the last of the juice over the top layer.

sarahb5, Jul 15, 2:28am
I make tiramisu in mine as well

noelee, Jul 15, 4:11am
Drizzle ( means very light ) berry syrup over the sponge roll