Whats your weeks menu plan for Dinners

Page 1 / 2
sarahb5, Apr 2, 9:36am
Bumping for teddy .

lomosie, Jun 6, 11:15pm
Need some ideas for dinner, we always have chicken drums with potatoes and salad, sausages, bolognaise, anyone have some other quick and easy ideas

sarahb5, Jun 6, 11:22pm
This week we're having:

Roast lamb on Sunday, rogan josh on Monday, chicken thighs with potato & kumara wedges, roast pumpkin and broccoli on Tuesday, steak, egg & chips on Wednesday and homemade pizza on Thursday - we're going out for dinner on Saturday and Friday night is takeaways.

stefanie, Jun 6, 11:28pm
We'll be having crumbed pork shnitzel tonight (potatoes and asparagus) tonight, leftover beef roast tomorrow (possibly also sliced battered, similar as the fish and chips batter.it's a left over dish). On Saturday my mother is making 'Sauerbraten' and Sunday is most likely to be stuffed chicken breast. I haven't planned ahead past Sunday, but we always have fish once a week. The last fish I did was an easy Gordon Ramsey recipe.you just prepare a spicy tomato sauce with anchovies, cook for 30 minutes, then add fish fillet and put a lid on.it's done in 6-8 minutes and very tasty.

lomosie, Jun 6, 11:53pm
mmmmm thanks sarahb5and stefanie, great ideas that we have never had except the homemade pizza that is. sarahb5 how do you cook your chicken thighs! roasted! I think I will buy a roast too, we never have roast except chicken yay! anyone else got anything to add! thanks

sarahb5, Jun 7, 12:17am
Chicken thighs are coated with seasoned flour and baked in the oven.Sometimes I buy the Diron coating seasoning but other times I just use flour and whatever seasonings I have to hand.Leg of lamb at Countdown (buying online) was $20.99 .

pamellie, Jun 7, 12:19am
So far we have had: Sunday, homemade butter chicken and rice (leftovers for lunch on Monday). Monday, meatloaf with baked spuds, broccoli and carrots. Tuesday, sausages, dahl (curried lentils) and coleslaw. Wednesday was a combination of leftovers from Monday and Tuesday. Tonight will be pork fillet and veges of some sort. Friday will be a thai fish curry with rice and Saturday will be homemade burgers. Shopping day Sunday.

jaymcee, Jun 7, 6:35am
This week is Seafood chowder (recipe form countdown website); roast chicken; rice risotto (with leftover chicken); home made pizza; lamb rack roats, minestrone soup.Also have a pumpkin so will probably make pumpkin soup for lunches.

lyl_guy, Jun 7, 6:56am
Don't have a week 'plan' as such, but the last few days have been. Homemade vege/barley/beef soup, chicken pieces roasted with mashed potatoes and veges, steak with a baby spinach salad and turkish bread, and tonight we're having a pork sausage/white bean/rosemary rustic casserole (trying a recipe from "Italia" by Jo Seagar) with mashed potatoes and peas.

gaspodetwd, Jun 7, 7:09am
Sunday - roast chicken with lots of Veges ( usually potatoes, kumara, carrots, cabbage, peas, beans)
Monday - leftovers with chips
Tuesday - cottage pie and peas
Wednesday - mushroom or cheese omelette and salad
Thursday - fresh fish, oven chips and peas or salad
Friday - sausages or pizza or chicken nuggets - whatever the kids decide
Saturday- traditional salad with cold chicken or prawns, boiled eggs, quiche, winter salads.
Puddings - rice pud - homemade. Yoghurt. Fruit.
Stewed fruit and custard.

Rice pud is really quick to do. I like doing quiche as that's so quick to make too.

lomosie, Jun 7, 7:42am
Wow some really great ideas here, thanks everyone! So gaspodetwd how do you make quick rice pudding! I know one that takes nearly 2 hours in oven, quiche is a good one too! Forgot about soups yay inspired

ruby19, Jun 7, 9:16am
Mon home made pizza
Tues sweet corn chowder with left over pizza dough made in to garlic & parmesan bread
Wed chicken parmigana with roast veggies.
Thur Shop bought ravioli with home made tom sauce
Will have to do some grocery shopping for rest of week :-)

fisher, Jun 7, 10:17am
Baked beans on toast
spag on toast
sardines on toast
tuna on toast
sweetcorn on toast
peanut butter on toast
and as a special treat. marmite on toast.:}

sarahb5, Jun 7, 8:44pm
If it was just me at home that's probably what I'd be having although I'd also include marmite and tinned tomatoes on toast .

sarahb5, Jun 7, 9:22pm
These are the meals on my meal planner - I pick 6 each week depending on what's on special:

Roast Lamb
Roast Beef
Chicken Pie
Butter Chicken
Shepherd’s Pie
Cottage Pie
Curried Chicken Salad
Chilli con Carne
Southern Chicken
Toad in the Hole
Sausage & Mash
Chicken Kebabs
Pork Kebabs
Homemade Burgers
Homemade Lamb Burgers
Homemade Chicken Burgers
Mexican Chicken
BBQ Chicken Wrap
Fish & Chips
Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
Spaghetti Bolognese
BBQ
Roast Chicken
Curried Chicken Salad
Chicken Pasta Salad
Nachos
Lasagne
BLTs
Meatloaf
Roast Pork
Pork
Steak, Egg & Chips
Mexican Chicken Pizza
Rogan Josh

stefanie, Jun 7, 9:39pm
How do you cook you Mexican chicken Sarah!

I usually choose 1 or 3 of my cooking books per week and choose at least 1 recipe I haven't done yet. (Even if I don't like the sound of all ingredients). It just keeps it interesting for me and I got some really great 'keepers' that way. My husband is equally keen and we cook together whenever we can.

sarahb5, Jun 7, 9:51pm
It's basically just chilli con carne but made with diced chicken breast instead of mince - serve with rice, baked potatoes, tacos, etc.

stefanie, Jun 7, 10:07pm
Good idea, thanks!

sarahb5, Jun 7, 11:09pm
A lot of the dinners I make are obviously just a variation on an existing theme by using different meat, serving with different side dishes, etc. but it means there's more variety

nauru, Jul 4, 7:31am
Our menu this week is:
Roast chicken dinner with roast veges and steamed broccoli
Hot Chicken & Mushroom Roll with salad
Chicken & vege Fried Rice
Lentil &barley Shepherds pie topped with Kumara mash and steamed carrots and broccoli.
Pumpkin soup with homemade Fig &Pecan Nut Bread
Crumbed Fish with peas, homemade wedges and coleslaw
Homemade Riccotta & Spinach Cannelloni with salad
Sesame & Ginger Tofu Stir fry with veges

Puddings are Fresh fruit, Apple crumble & custard, yogurt with rhubarb & raspberries and Indian style rice pudding.

eastie3, Jul 4, 8:01am
Sunday we had mushroom risotto,Monday I finished the leftovers and Mr E had a steak.Tues was a chicken curry with homemade stuffed parathas,tonight crumbed chops.Tomorrow night it's just me for dinner and I'm having an old favourite - a tin of chopped tomatoes added to a base of fried garlic and onions and chopped chilli,season well.Heat through then add an egg,cover the pan and simmer until egg is cooked.Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.

edited for spelling
*homemade* rather than hoemade

jns, Jul 5, 6:43am
This Week.so far.
Macaroni Cheese
Pumpkin Soup & Homemade Bread
Honey Mustard Chicken, Rice & Veg
Steak, Egg & Chips
and Friday will be Fresh Fish & Salad

aidan46, Jul 5, 8:32am
Quick easy meals for us this week!
Black bean soup,
Courgette pasta,
home made burgers,
home made pizza,
tuna quiche,
chicken stirfry

And there must be one more, but I'm too sleepy to get off the couch and check what it is.
I've decided I'll try all new recipes next week as I was a bit lazy this week.

pauline311, Aug 12, 7:20pm
last night we had chinese, tonight and tomorrow night is beef casserole, mashed spuds, veges wednesday night roast chicken and veges, thursday night is chicken pie, and friday night will be pasta, out for dinner on sat night

kinna54, Aug 12, 11:15pm
I just really tend to go by what the specials are and create around that.
I try to keep a stock of basic ingredients of herbs, spices, and sauce essentials etc, and then I work around the meat specials and what I can do with them.