Anyone got the Food Truck cookbook?

mattdylan, Jun 12, 11:05pm
Just wondering as I bought it on the weekend and in the middle of the book there is about 10 or so pages that are doubled up and mismatched, saw that its been printed in China
Should I complain!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 12, 11:26pm
Of course you should! Take it back to the bookshop and they'll give you a replacement and return your copy to the publisher. Is it good!

mattdylan, Jun 12, 11:39pm
It is really good yes, so many great recipes, and healthy too - cool book with awesome colourful photos, I recommend to buy it!

mattdylan, Jun 12, 11:40pm
I was asking as they might all be printed like this!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 12, 11:46pm
If they are all printed like this then the booksellers have a huge problem!
It can just happen to a few copies in a run. I've just requested it from the library. I liked Mike's other cookbook, The Molten Cookbook.

winnie231, Jun 13, 2:42am
I've just won The Molten Cookbook through a competition on the facebook page of Grove Avocado Oil - can't wait for it to arrive!

elliehen, Jun 13, 8:14am
Wednesday (today) to Saturday at Paper Plus, all cookbooks are 30% off.

nfh1, Jun 13, 8:20am
Congratulations

winnie231, Jun 13, 8:36am
Thanks nfh1.
The book arrived this afternoon and it is just lovely. Autographed too :)
Dining at Molten is now on my bucket list!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 13, 10:52pm

davidt4, Jun 13, 11:06pm
He sold Molten some time ago.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 13, 11:11pm
From that interview it sounds like there might be another restaurant project in the offing. I hope so. His food was always interesting.

pigletnz25, Jun 14, 12:10am
davidt4 wrote:
He sold Molten some time ago.

No not outright, he sold half his share in it, read this in an interview a mag has just done about him and his family.

elliehen, Jun 14, 12:16am
That makes sense - to keep his investment in a highly successful business but withdraw from the day-to-day stress associated with running it.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 14, 12:39am
Thanks Piglet.

earthangel4, Jun 14, 12:58am
well deserved congrat.