Pork roast and crockpot

kumerakid, Jun 14, 11:56pm
can you dopork in a crockpot!and what to put in with it to keep it moist

angel404, Jun 15, 12:22am
i think if u put it in from frozen you dont need to add any extra liquid.

fifie, Jun 15, 12:26am
Few ideas you might like here,oops that didn't work, use the search function<---------- recipes, crockpot roast pork, last year and you should get a few threads come up with options for you.

bunny51, Jun 15, 12:30am
I have cooked it in the crockpot and I sometimes add a little bit of stock or other liquid just to stop it from getting too dry.

ducku2, Jun 15, 1:53am
Hi - We cooked in crockpot just last week and didnt add anything (wasnt frozen) was lovely and tender, have been advised to remove fat and crackle in oven when doing veges - Good Luck

paddypf, Jun 15, 6:54am
Grate a granny smith apple or 2 an put in crockpot chop an onion and lightly cook onion in frypan after browning porkmix with apple then place pork on top. Mix a packet of maggi pork gravy mix and pour over then cook on low 5-6 hrs thicken with arrowroot to make gravy.

scoobydoo2, Jun 15, 7:06am
do a southern pulled pork recipe - google it - its so popular at our house!

scoobydoo2, Jun 15, 7:07am
I do it in the crockpot all the time - make sure you google a few crockpot recipes and normal ones and adjust the spices etc to the ones you think sound nice - make sure you have a nice mixture of sweet (brown sugar etc) with spicy (cumn etc)

nauru, Jun 15, 7:27am
I just put the pork in the CP on a trivet and cook on low, no liquid required. If you want crackling, you should first remove the scored skin and cook it in the oven as normal.

perle, Jun 15, 7:30am
I stuff mine with garlic, cook on low no liquid cook all day, amazing, never do pork in oven again

norse_westie, Jun 15, 7:49am
I pour a bit of apple juice over mine and cook all day. Tender and juicy every time.

pigletnz25, Jun 16, 1:59am
I do mine in an oven bag, cut the fat of to grill before serving, put in oven bag, tie up but leave a small vent for steam to escape, do on low for 8/9hrs, gorgeous, just fall apart and melts in your mouth.This has never failed me, and with the crackling wham o.

raewyn64, Jun 16, 5:35am
I have just got the biggest pork roast I have ever purchased (was on a reduced to clear so I grabbed it) and have it in the crockpot all day. The first time I have done it this way. I have had a peak at it and it is just falling apart and looks really moist.Can't wait for dinner time!

eljayv, Jun 17, 9:20pm
I love pork roast cooked in crockpot.I put sliced apples and onions under it and remove the crackle from the top. Before serving the pork I cook the crackle under the grill and it comes out perfect every time and the pork is delicious.