Convection Oven

taurus2005, May 22, 3:48am
Anyone had experience with these please!thanks

tich50, May 22, 8:02am
ihaveasharpmicrowave/ convectionoven.

aktow, May 22, 8:23am
if you are talking about the ones with the glass bowl andmotor on top then yes,, we have used them since they first came out years ago. i have three now,, one put away for back up and one at beach house,,,our family use it every night. they are just like a oven but quicker and cost less for power usage. chicken and roast turn out fantastic.you can pick them up on trademe real cheap. try the $1 auctions.

taurus2005, May 23, 9:49pm
Thanks Janny, why 4th one, dont they last long!

pericles, May 23, 9:54pm
i have 2, and use them every other day

dezzie, May 23, 11:12pm
Mine was a cheapie from woolworths supermarket and sadly, its just died after 7 years of a good bit of use, the temp thingee has died, so if anyone has busted their bowl but still has their top bit, let me know please :D

falcon-hell, May 24, 12:29am
i have a whirlpool one-have never used the convection bit of it-i think i'm a bit scared of it,lol.

janny3, May 24, 7:01am
Really worthwhile.They're portable, fast and no huge oven to clean, just the bowl.(Also has self cleaning setting so you'd just have to wipe it out with a soapy cloth).

Roast pork comes out perfectly done & the crackle crisp & juicy.Roast spuds also perfect.

I still have a spare bowl for anything too.

aktow, May 24, 2:40pm
i have had two machines crap out.both were expensive and they did last over 6 years ,one minute the machine was hot and then bang no more machine. i bought a cheap machine off foodtownover 4 years ago and it still works great,, the only bad point with the machines is the writing on the machines wear off and then you just put the temperature on full.i bought a machine last year off trademe [$20] and so far perfect. i bought the new infra ray machineand i found its no better than the cheap homebrand machines