SEAFOOD CHOWDER.

pricey1, May 24, 10:33pm
Im having a dinner party and need a really nice, easy one please.

stevee6, May 24, 10:37pm
Make a very liquid white sauce, then add one of those bags of marinara mix (thawed) and simmer for a couple of minutes. Season well, and add finely chopped parsley when you serve.

asue, May 25, 3:50am
Seafood powder soup mix with seafood thrown in and cream and parsley on top to make flash and a sprinkle of black pepper

fifie, May 25, 6:22am
Blue cod and bluff oyster chowder, from Allyson Goften
350-400 grams blue cod
12-14 Bluff oysters (halved, if wished)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
125 grams butter
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup cream.
Cut the cod into chunky, bite-sized pieces. Place in a large frying-pan with the oysters, garlic and half the butter. Cook over a low heat until the edges of the seafood just begin to curl up. Remove the seafood from the frying-pan and set aside.
Add the remaining butter to the frying-pan and melt over a low heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute until frothy. Gradually add the milk to make a smooth sauce.
Cook, stirring over a low heat, until thickened to the consistency of pouring cream.Add more milk if required.Return the seafood to the saucepan and season the chowder with pepper. Stir in the cream and parsley just before serving. Serve immediately, before the seafood has a chance to become tough.
Allysons tip
If the parsley is added too early to a white sauce-based dish such as this chowder, it can turn the sauce a greyish colour, so add just before serving.This is very yummy, expensive to make but worth it.

soundsie1, May 25, 6:32am
i poach/simmer chopped fish.marinara mix etc whatever seafood i have with chopped onion.garlic.splash of white wine and little milk.black pepper etc.i then make white sauce and add to fish mix.then mix packet seafood soup mix with half cup milk and stir thru

beaker59, May 25, 6:50am
Seems a shame to cook bluffies. :(

lizab, May 25, 9:33am
Seems a shame to cook bluffies. :([/quote]
Seems a shame to take them out of the sea LOL! (I've only ever tried an oyster once and it really wasn't my cuppa tea at all!) LOVE seafood chowder though :)

fifie, May 25, 8:47pm
Lol, bluffies this year are so BIG FAT And JUICY. Agree beaker beautiful raw, big oyster festival on here tday will be dozens devoured, its been a bumper season.

rainrain1, May 25, 10:05pm
seems a shame to eat them raw