Cheese sauce

pinkpup, May 28, 5:27am
Anyone got an easy yummy one i can use!

jessie981, May 28, 5:29am
Over into the lefthand message board. Under keyword put cheese sauce. Under date posted put last year. Plenty of variations.

cookessentials, May 28, 8:57am
I dont do measurements but I make a roux by melting butter in a saucepan about 1-2tbsp, once it is melted, add plain flour and stir it in quickly while pan is still on the heat. You can use a wooden spooon or a small balloon whisk. let it cook on the heat a minute or so, while stirring, then slowly add milk, while whisking. As it heats through, it will thicken. Just add more milk to get the thickness you require. ( This is a basic white sauce now (bechamel sauce) which you can use as a base for various sauces .add chopped parsley for a parsley sauce, or mushrooms for a mushroom sauce etc. Remove from the heat and add grated cheese ( use a stronger tasting cheddar for better flavour. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

guest, Jan 11, 1:23pm
You really found a way to make this whole prosecs easier.

guest, Jan 13, 2:26pm
Looking forward to seneig what you're posting with the new culinary workout at work...do you think these might work for you personally if you cut down on the sugar in the recipe a bit?