Blue cheese sauce

maynard9, Jul 4, 8:51am
I have been asked to make a Blue Cheese Sauce for a special occasion.

Is it just a matter of making a white sauce and adding a good quality Blue Cheese or are there other tips.

any thoughts/experiences appreciated

pony_girl, Jul 4, 9:07am
I am not sure if it is any help to you, but I often make a blue cheese and walnut sauce to serve on steak. All I do, is saute a handful of chopped walnuts for a few minutes, stirring so they do not burn, then add about 1/3 cup of cream and a handful of chopped blue cheese - and stir over a gentle heat until all the cheese is melted.

endora, Jul 4, 9:16am
i just melt blue cheese over a very low heat stirring constantly and stir in milk until its the desired consistency - easy and very tasty

tazdevil38, Jul 4, 10:22am
You could make a bechemel sauce first and then add the blue cheese. As it is a very strong cheese, only add a small amount at a time so it's not too overpowering. A lot of people don't like it as it's quite a strong cheese.

bev00, Jul 4, 12:14pm
yum ideas for blue cheese lovers

petal1955, Jul 5, 8:24am
Onion Blue Cheese Sauce

 2 Tablespoons Butter
 Salt
 Pepper
 4 Tablespoons Butter
 1 whole Very Large Onion, Sliced
 1 cup Cream
 1/2 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
Preparation Instructions
Saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter over high heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until dark and caramelized. Reduce heat to simmer and pour in cream. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Stir in blue cheese until melted.

westigal, Apr 6, 11:07am
Bring a 300ml bottle of cream to a rolling simmer, reduce to 2/3rds and crumble in 100g blue cheese, more cheese if you like it stronger , stir till cheese melted. ( Add a clove of crushed garlic as cream is reducing if desired) Enjoy