Blue Cheese & Port Pate

cookessentials, Feb 3, 2:36am
You are both very welcome. I made it over Christmas and put it into two small terrines and served with melba toast.

samanya, Feb 3, 4:12am
I made it for Christmas & I loved it, as did anyone I served it to.
It's a keeper in this house.

ruby19, Feb 3, 4:39am
Nauru do you make.your own mushroom pate?

figjamto, Feb 3, 8:31am
Many thanks cookessentials, I made this at Christmas,. Just lovely, will certainly be making it again

arielbooks, Feb 4, 1:34am
I went to a party last week and got served a round of blue cheese with comb honey on top and toasted pecan. The honey oozes down and you eat it with nice savory biscuits - yum.

valentino, Feb 4, 3:12am
Worth keeping.

maximus44, Feb 4, 7:36am
I made it at Christmas and loved it.

cookessentials, Dec 14, 12:28am
"Blue Cheese & Port Pate
350g cream cheese, at room temp
60g unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup port
300g blue cheese, at room temp, mashed
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/2 cup walnut halves
Beat cream cheese & butter in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth, stir in the port. Add the blue cheese & chives until just combined. Season to taste. Spoon into serving dish & smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3-4 hrs. Arrange walnuts over the top and press in lightly. Serve at room temp with crusty bread, crackers or wedges of firm fruit such as apples or pears.

griffo4, Dec 14, 1:01am
Thanks cooks l was looking for something like this for Christmas day

cookessentials, Dec 14, 1:38am
You are most welcome. Have a wonderful Christmas.

griffo4, Dec 14, 3:46am
thank you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well

samanya, Dec 14, 7:32am
Ohhhh that sounds yummy . thanks for that CE already copied & kept.

cookessentials, Dec 14, 8:17am
It is quite delicious, I have not made it for a few years but we are at friends for Christmas day so thought I might make it again.

taniajane, Dec 17, 1:47am
Made it last night for some guests and did it ever vanish! Thanks for the recipe.

cookessentials, Dec 17, 3:05am
You are welcome.

martine5, Dec 18, 7:24am
I think I've had one of these years ago and it was absolutely delicious, I think I'll be whipping one up too. Thanks heaps

samanya, Dec 20, 11:21pm
CE . quick question please.
How long in advance do you think that I could I make this pate.

jan2242, Dec 20, 11:36pm
Yummy - can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

taniajane, Dec 21, 2:29am
I've had some of this in the fridge for a week samanya, just used up last night on baked potatoes and i think it was even better for having aged a bit. simply delish melted on the potatoes too!

samanya, Dec 21, 3:02am
Thanks taniajane.

cookessentials, Dec 21, 5:37am
Well, as it is kept in the fridge and if your cream cheese has a good expiry date, I would imagine a while. It will actually be more flavoursome if done a few days in advance. Just keep it well covered.

nauru, Dec 21, 7:45am
Thanks for sharing your recipe cookes. It will go nice with our mushroom pate & cracker platter.

samanya, Mar 29, 8:59am
Thanks CE. that's on my 'to do' list.