BEST carrot cake recipe?

Page 2 / 2
bev00, Jul 7, 12:59pm
Motueka Moorings Cafe Carrot Cake:

2 Cups of wholemeal Flour, 2 Cups of sugar, 2 tsp of Mixed spice 2 tsp Cinnamon, 2 tsp of Baking Soda, 1 Cup of Walnuts, 1/2 Cup of Pumpkin seeds, 1 Cup of Sultanas, 1 Cup of chopped up dried Apricots, 750gm Grated Carrots, 1 & 1/2 Cups oil, 4 eggs 2 tspn Vanilla.

Mix all the ingredients together except, (carrots, oil, eggs, vanilla) Add grated carrots, mix well. Whisk up 1 1/2 Cups oils with the 4 eggs, add the vanilla. Fold Carefully into the dry ingredients DO NOT OVER MIX Bake at 170c for up to 2 hours keep an eye on it. Don’t forget to line the tin, makes 1 very large cake.

750g carrots is a good 2C

kiwitel, Jul 7, 6:31pm
So many . always hard to know which one to bake when there are so many recipes!

hanz763, Jul 8, 7:29am
Carrot Cake

1 cup wholemeal Flour
1 cup Flour
1 cup of oil
2 cups raw sugar
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
4 eggs beaten
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups finely grated carrot

Sift and mix dry ingredient, add oil and stir well. Stir in beaten eggs then add carrot. Mix thoroughly. Grease the sides of a 10 inches square cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper. Pour mixture into tin. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until cooked.

Icing 
4 oz cream cheese
2 oz Butter
2 cups sifted icing sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 cup chopped walnuts--- leave it last for topping 

vinee, Jul 8, 11:16am
That one (up there) from Chelsea sugar is extremely yummo!
I have made it a few times and crossed out out my old recipe in favour of this one.
With lemon cream cheese icing though!

bev00, Jul 12, 10:35am
bumping for request

bev00, Jul 21, 1:07pm
This is mine.easy as and never fail.can't be bothered with carrot cake that has a list of ingredients as long as your arm LOL

CARROT CAKE (Very Easy)

1 cup flour 1 tspn BP
1 tspn BS 1 tspn cinnamon
1 cup sugar 2 eggs
½ cup oil 2 ½ cup grated carrot

Sift flour, BP, BS and cinnamon. Stir in sugar. Beat
eggs and oil and add to dry mix with grated carrot.
Stir well. Pour into 20cm ring tin. (Greased or lined).
Stand 5 minutes. Bake 180c for 35-40 minutes.

CREAM CHEESE ICING

50gms butter 150gms cream cheese softened
1 cup icing sugar ½ tspn vanilla

Process till smooth.

Decorate with above and scatter over chopped walnuts,
chopped apricots and pumpkin seeds.

Quotejag5 (354 )

bev00, Aug 5, 12:00pm
and this one courtesy of cookessentials -

butter, softened for greasing
5 eggs
11/2 cups soft brown sugar
21/2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups grated carrot (approx 3 carrots)
1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
Cream cheese icing
175g cream cheese, softened
100g butter, softened
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 vanilla essence
1 cup icing sugar, sifted

Grease and line a deep 23cm cake tin. Preheat oven to 170C

In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Using electric hand-beaters, whip until light and fluffy.

Sift flour, salt and cinnamon together, and then gently fold into the egg mixture.

In a separate bowl, combine grated carrots, oil, walnuts, vanilla and pineapple. Gently fold, into the flour and egg mixture, until well combined.

Pour into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in tin for 20 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Using clean electric hand-beaters, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue beating until combined. Stop beaters, add icing sugar and begin mixing gradually at first, to avoid mess. Continue mixing until completely incorporated. Spread cream cheese icing over cold cake.

Quotecookessentials (1202 )

bev00, Aug 13, 11:53am
Carrot cake

Place in a bowl:
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup wholemeal flour* this could be replaced with white flour if desired.
3/4 cup raw sugar
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda

To this mix add 2 beaten eggs.

Then add 1/2 cup cooking oil
1 1/2 cups grated carrot

bake in a well greased ring tin or round 7-8inch tin at 180deg for 30 mins.

icing:
Beat together
50g cream cheese
25g butter
1cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

This makes a very soft moist cake. If you require a very deep cake the recipe could be doubled. This recipe is one I have personally used. Good luck and enjoy.

Edited by kinna54 at 3:57 pm, Mon 7 Mar

Quotekinna54 (191 )3:53 pm, Mon 7 Mar #4
Carrot + Nut Loaf.
1cup sugar,11/2 cups flour,1tsp B.Soda,1/2 tsp salt,2 beaten eggs,2/3 cup cooking oil,1/4 cup finely chopped nuts,11/2 cups grated carrot,1tsp vanilla essence,11/2tsp ground cinnamon.
Mix sugar and oil,add eggs,then carrots and nuts.Add sifted dry ingrediants.Bake in greased loaf tin 1 hour at 370F.
To make a nice moist cake add a cup of coconut,1 cup crushed pineapple to the above ingrediants.Cook at same temp in square cake tin.
Cream Cheese Icing
250g cream cheese,2 cups i.sugar,50g melted butter,1tsp vanilla,mix well tog,spread onto cooled cake.

Quotemflight (53 )7:05 pm, Mon 7

twinklebottom, Oct 15, 9:36pm
Hi, bumping this thread - I want to give the Motueka cafe carrot cake a go. I need to get it right as it will be for a birthday. As a trial run would I just half the recipe! Which is the best way to tell when a carrot cake is cooked! I assume testing the centre for moisture with a skewer isn't really going to work, as ideally it would be a bit moist anyway. Any tips welcome - I'm not a terribly experienced baker. Thanks

flower-child01, Oct 15, 10:13pm
My adaption is similar, but I make mine using 1 tsp baking powder, 1 baking soda, and cut the oil in half and adding 1/2 cup sour cream. Really nice.

bev00, Dec 7, 9:34am
Icing idea courtesy of MacKenzie - "I ice it with a cream cheese icing, then sprinkle top with chopped dried apricots, shredded coconut, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, & walnuts"

hails1, Dec 7, 9:58am
it is the best !large , High, moist,gets eaten ;)

firemansgirl, Dec 7, 10:17pm
+1 - I made this for work. It got rave reviews. Only problem I had was it was a commercial size batch. Had to mix it in a giant bowl as it never all fitted into my Kenwood!

bexta021, Dec 8, 4:53am
would any of these recipes be able to be adapted to make mini carrot muffins!

mackenzie2, Dec 8, 8:05pm
I have made muffins with my recipe but keep an eye on the cooking time.
Recipe below, you can leave out the nuts if you don't like them. My son often requests these for lunches as a muffin so have made then a few times before,,

mackenzie2, Dec 8, 8:09pm
Mackenzie2's CARROT CAKE:
BEAT 3 eggs, 3/4 cup oil and 1.5cups sugar, when light in colour add 1 tsp vanilla 3/4 cup orange juice and small tin of crushed pinnapple. In another bowl put 3 cups grated carrot, 2 cups wholemeal flour, 1 cup coconut The rest:1.5 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1.5 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, .5 cup walnuts. Mix all together, bake 160 for approx 1 hr, keep checking after 50mins (oven dependent) Icing when cool, 25gms butter 100gms cream cheese, both softened, add enough icing sugar till light fluffy and thick, Put on cake I sprinkle with apricots, thread coconut, pump seeds, and sliced almonds. ENJOY