Almost tempted to buy a slow Cooker. Good or not?

Page 4 / 4
suzanna, May 31, 10:04am
Yep.like most things in this country.

janny3, May 31, 12:08pm

sarahb5, May 31, 8:56pm
Right - well I tried the porridge and all I've got is a gluggy brown mess that I could probably use for road repairs - the bits that were salvageable didn't taste any better than what I usually make in the microwave so watch this space - what's the going rate for a secondhand slow cooker!

norse_westie, Jun 1, 5:05am
I suspect something is wrong with your slow cooker. My porridge is simply perfect every time. It is a crockpot though, an original and I think they cook longer and slower.

sarahb5, Jun 1, 9:45am
Mine's a Breville something - only 3 years old - I think I am just trying to cook too small a quantity because it's the big slow cooker.Anyway, it's going to be listed - pointless having it taking up space when I'm not using it and there isn't anything I can cook in it that I can't cook elsewhere.Will replace it with something we will use more than once a year, or not.

sarahb5, Jun 4, 4:06am
Actually I'm wrong - it's a Kambrook Essentials 3L slow cooker and hopefully someone else will now be able to get the benefit of it.Sorry OP - you're too far away .

frances1266, Jun 4, 7:13pm
I agree with the poster who says you need to use less water in a slow cooker than you would normally.
I like mine for cooking pulses.No need to soak them apart from kidney beans which need to be hardboiled for 15 min before cooking them.
Other pulses just need to go into slow cooker, add water and cook until done.A very easy process.

pigletnz25, Jun 5, 4:49am
well for those whose food tastes bland, you have to be doing something wrong, as I've used one for the last 7 years and never has foos tasted bland.I even have cooked roast pork in an oven bag and oh my goodness it melted in our mouths. As for silverside never better.Why would you not want to go the easy way and put the food in the crockpot ( I have the ovela one) in the mornign do nothing else but dish it up at night, as for flavours well to say its bland sorry its what your doing wrong not the crockpots fault.
My hubby is very fussy re flavours and he loves when i cook in the crock pot, makes fantastic soups also.Say what you like but we are eating wonderful delights from our crockpot.

pigletnz25, Jun 5, 4:52am
venbar wrote:

we get it Sarahb.lol you don't like them

we sure do, but we do so sell yours and make someone esle very happy lol

sarahb5, Jun 6, 12:29am
It's listed - then I can buy something I will use more than once a year, if that .

agnes8, Jun 9, 3:22am
only used my pressure cooker once.obviously didn't read the directions properly.had to borrow the neighbour's ladder to clean the stewed apple off the ceiling .talk of the neighbour hood for days LOL !