Induction Hob Recommendations

nimbus, Mar 13, 12:12pm
I am about to go through the process of renovating the kitchen.I have decided on going with an induction hob and would appreciate recommendations on which brand to go for.They seem to vary in price and I read mixed reviews on them.Have been looking atBaumatic but wondering if I it would be wiser to pay more to get a better quality.Appreciate any feedback.

jan2242, Mar 13, 10:12pm
Consumer mag I got last week had their tests of induction. The best was Electrolux EHD90230P $3368. Ones tested were Electrolux, Miele, Fisher & Paykel, Westinghouse, Parmco, Bosch.

willyow, Mar 14, 3:10am
We put inASKOs twice in our house - a lightning strike took out the first one (five years old)last year - but our insurance covered it. The lightning strike also took out an Electrolux vacuum cleaner I was using at the time as well. No-one died!We find the new model ASKO much faster than the old oneand really really good. They're expensive - but the second one was was under $2K while the first one cost $2300 - if you don't like waiting for a pot to boil - great!If you have heart pacemaker - you can't use them (then you will probably die!)

ambr, Mar 14, 4:58am
We have an Electrolux, not the model listed here, but an older one and its about the only Electrolux appliance that I have been happy with.The oven, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer have all had problems, and all under 3 years of age.The induction hob is really fast and I would never go back to gas or electric.My only complaint would be, the clicking noise its apt to make if on for any length of time.

nimbus, Mar 14, 6:28pm
Thanks for your comments.I had read the consumer article but often find their findings aren't always the same as those that the users.I have purchased a Baumatic and it is on hold until we are ready to install the kitchen.It was a lot cheaper than the known brands and I am wondering if I should pay a bit more, as they say you get what you pay for.Asko was the other option I had been considering at the time.

pickles7, Mar 5, 6:51pm
We are looking at getting another hob, any more comments on the subject!Cheers

katalin2, Mar 5, 8:15pm
We put in an Electrolux on the basis of Consumer recommendation just over 2 years ago into our new build- I don't think it is the above model, but it was the latest at the time. We paid just over $2000 for it in a sale from Harvey Normans which was a considerable reduction. Very happy with it- it is so quick we barely use the microwave. Why we chose Electrolux was the salesman explaining that the elements criss cross under the hob so if you have more than one element turned on you are able to use all the surface- which is great at Xmas time when you can use lots of little or larger pots. Also great for making gravy from a roast as all the surface under the roasting pan is heated. We bought the slightly larger model which I think is 70cm rather than 60cm, though the smaller one would have been fine as well.