Bread Cases and fillings?

datto79, Mar 15, 12:13am
x1
Have never made them before so need idiot instructions please

sandranoble2012, Mar 15, 12:14am
oh me too please what are u planning on putting in them datt79 ive had them at the cafe and they taste so good

winnie54, Mar 15, 12:22am
Creamed sweetcorn or tinned fish or egg with little bits of bacon and tomato. Yum

winnie54, Mar 15, 12:22am
Put bread in muffin tins

lilyfield, Mar 15, 12:23am
maccaroni cheese-any left overs for that matter

elliehen, Mar 15, 12:31am
Anything at all.even chopped roast vegetables and gravy.

sandranoble2012, Mar 15, 12:32am
geez hungry now lol

kinna54, Mar 15, 12:33am
Butter your bread and then push gently (butter side down)into the muffin pans or moulds, (which should also be sprayed or greased) easing the bread gently into the moulds, or if you prefer a more even rounded shape,you can cut your bread into shape slightly larger than your mould, and ease butter side down into your mould.
Stale bread is actually better to use as it doesn't tend to break as easily.
Then add your fillings. If you are using a filling that has a liquid content, i.e beaten egg,pour that in last.

Some filling suggestions are:
Creamed corn, finely sliced onion or chives and cheese.
Mushrooms in creamy sauce (canned is fine for this)
Bacon, cheese, onion, and beaten egg.
Cooked Chicken and Mushroom in a creamy sauce.
Creamy Chicken, apricot and camenbert or Brie
Satay beef mixture.
Chilli bean salsa and bacon, or baked beans and bacon
Caramelised onion and feta, herbs etc.
The choices are endless really.

Bake in a moderate tohot oven, around 180 deg. *if using a filling that contains beaten egg, lower your oven temp a bit so that the cases don't burn whist waiting for the egg filling to cook and set thru.

Good luck, wish you every success.

sandranoble2012, Mar 15, 1:31am
yum gona make them tomorrow

52many, Mar 15, 4:25am
With the cases.cut off the crusts and get the rolling pin out and roll the bread thinner to fit muffin cases.
White sauce add tinned smoked fish, shrimps etc
Spaghettie or baked beans with cheese on top.

kinna54, Mar 15, 5:47am
Ps : I have found better results with cooking in a tin or metal muffin pan rather than silicone, and bread cases can be cooked empty, and stored in an airtight container, and can be filled as needed.

elliehen, Mar 15, 6:26am
And I save on wastage by not cutting off the crusts.I cut soft thin-sliced bread (like Molenburg) diagonally and then squeeze each one around, butter side down, until it fits the muffin pan.

camper18, Mar 15, 8:06am
Thick cheese sauce with chopped ham,spring onion.parsley and hardboiled eggs. Keep cases in airtight container until required then just fill with the pre-prepared filling and heat in the oven until hot right through.

52many, Mar 16, 4:43am
I use my crusts to make into breadcrumbs, which I then freeze or my chooks get them so no waste here. I can't seem to find white thin sliced bread anymore. Not like you used to be able to buy.

kinna54, Mar 16, 5:15am
Agreed!. Used to love it for asparagus rolls. Gosh showing my age here.but who remembers having afternoon tea, when you always had thin sliced white bread, before your scone and fruit cake.remember that from my childhood.