Kumara recipe?

macandrosie, Mar 19, 8:06am
Does anyone have a nice kumara recipe, either salads or roast kumara, or mash, just whatever would be great! Thanks in advance

karen1172, Mar 19, 8:13am
Yum, I love kumara! I like them mashed with a bit of butter then mixed with a can of crushed pineapple. Put into oven with cheese sprinkled over top until heated through and cheese melted. I also love baked kumara with just some sour cream to finish it off when cooked. Or just plain old mashed kumara with salt and pepper.

jessie981, Mar 19, 8:27am
Check the lefthand message board & under keyword put Kumara. Under date postedput last year. Heaps there.

angel404, Mar 19, 9:29am
I love kumara chips with sour cream or i make "potato salad" but with kumara instead!

sooseque, Mar 19, 10:18am
Kumara in Pineapple Sauce
2 – 4 kumara depending on size
25 – 50 gms butter
1 – 2 tablespoons brown sugar
225gms crushed pineapple and syrup
1 tablespoon vinegar
salt
Melt butter in a small saucepan with pineapple & syrup, brown sugar
Vinegar and 1/4tsp salt.Peel kumara and slice, layer kumara and pineapple
Sauce in casserole dish seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper, cover
and bake 180C for about 1 hour until kumara is tender.

hap-e, Mar 19, 10:28am
curried kumara salad.
Par boil kumara, mix plain yoghurt with curry to you r liking approx, 4 TBSPto 1/2 tspn curry powder add to cooled drained kumara.
and add what you like i.e raisins, walnuts, celery.
something different

irule, Mar 19, 10:49am
Peel and slice kumara and layer in a dish with onion and blue cheese then tip a bottle of cream over then bake for 40 ish minutes. Quite rich but the cheese melts and looses a bit of it's"'blue cheesyness".

plastic8, Mar 19, 10:50am

cookessentials, Mar 19, 5:29pm

macandrosie, Mar 21, 12:06am
thnaks so much plenty to choose from there!

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 21, 12:19am
Rough peel and chop kumara into chip sized segments, place in a plastic bag and spray with oil, add a shake of flour, salt, mixed herbs (fresh or dried), chilli powder or diced, massage and shake the bag to evenly coat, tip out onto an oven tray, separate and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a medium oven. Serve.

Yum.

issymae, Mar 21, 9:05am
cooked kumara and pumpkin together in microwave , mashed with little butter;
yummy; 5 year old came back foe more