Page 1 / 2
waiting6, May 7, 4:47am
would you like to share your receipe with me

juddy1, May 7, 4:51am
no .go search :)

lilyfield, May 7, 5:32am
not your day- juddy!

jessie981, May 7, 6:08am
Grease your dish. Butter sliced bread & cut into squares & place in dish. Sprinkle over sultanas, & milk mixture of tsp vanilla essence, 2TBSPs sugar & enough milk to cover bread.
Cook 150 -160 until set.
Yum, enjoy. Haven't had in years.

taurus2005, May 7, 6:45am
Here you go, simple and yummy- gotta have it with lots of cream.
2 servings-
2-3 slices of white bread buttered and crusts trimmed and cut into fingers.
1/4 cup raisins or sultanas
1 Egg
3 tsp Sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
few pinches cinnamon.

2 cup or more capacity ovenproof dish.

Arrange layers of bread and raisins.
Whisk egg and sugar and mix in milk.
Pour mixture over the bread.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake at 180 degrees for about 30m mins until set and golden.

foth, May 7, 7:05am
and spread bread with jam and sprinkle finished dish with slivered almonds which will be slightly crisp after cooking.

harrislucinda, May 7, 7:15am
sorrywhereisyouregg to makethecustard

lx4000, May 7, 7:58am
use a fruit loaf and keep the crusts on!mmMMMMMmm

gardie, May 7, 8:03am
Make sandwiches with butter and nuttella then cut into bits and pop into a dish.Sprinkle over some frozen raspberries and pour over a custart made with eggs, milk/cream, sugar.1 egg will see 1 cup milk however I prefer it a little more eggy.Sugar to taste.Let sit of 30 mins and then slowly bake.Yum

jessie981, May 7, 8:07am
True B'n'B pudding doesn't have an egg, that's Queen Pudding.

kuaka, May 7, 8:27am
Not so according to my Mrs Beetons Book of Household Management (1906) her recipe has 5 or 6 thin slices of bread and butter, 1 pint of milk, 2 eggs, 1 dessertspoonful of sugar, sultanas, currants or candied lemon if liked.

The average cost is said to be 6d to 8d and sufficient for 4 to 5 persons.

ibcreative, May 7, 8:31am
I've never seen a recipe without eggs before. It's supposed to be an egg custard. I googled Bread & Butter Pudding & all the recipes that came up had eggs.

lx4000, May 7, 8:39am
always made mine with milk and eggs and cinnamon! along with fruit loaf:) Would be interested in the egg free one please!

kuaka, May 7, 8:39am
and Queen Pudding as I understand it, is made with left over stale cake, and anything else that you like to chuck in, including eggs, two or three whole eggs and a couple of egg yolks, put in the baking dish or cake tin, or whatever you're cooking it in, baked briefly, then spread with jam and then spread with meringue made from the egg whites that you didn't use, then baked again.

jessie981, May 7, 8:39am
o.k. Guess it is perference. I don't like a custard pudding so maybe why eggs were never used.

jessie981, May 7, 8:39am
o.k. Guess it is preference. I don't like a custard pudding so maybe why eggs were never used.

245sam, May 7, 8:43am
It's not a matter of preference IMO - it depends on whether the pudding is a bread and butter pudding or a bread pudding/cake, and my understanding is that a Queen Pudding has the custard made with the egg yolks while the whites are used for the meringue topping for the pudding.:-))

vampiriousmist, May 7, 8:45am
Gosh you guys. Now I want bread and butter pudding !

gemini68, May 7, 8:46am
Made the usual way but modern twist with chopped dried apricots or cranberries sprinkled on top instead of sultanas.Or rizzled with chocalate. Yum Yumm!

kuaka, May 7, 8:56am
I really have to laugh.This question comes up so many times, and there are so many people who have their own opinion (which of course they always think is right) and what one person calls "bread and butter pudding" another calls "bread pudding" and yet another calls "queen pudding".I know I'm right (with tongue firmly in cheek) and at the end of the day as long as you know what you're doing and you enjoy it, does it really matter what you call it - unless of course you're cooking and serving for royalty or the like - if it's only for family and friends, what the heck. One of my favourite puddings was one my gran (and her sister) used to make.It was simply stewed apple, with a white vanilla sauce poured over it and baked.When I asked what it was called they just looked blank.It didn't have a name, but it was yummy!

jessie981, May 7, 8:59am
Forzaxactly!

harrislucinda, May 7, 9:58am
breadandbutterandqueenpuddingisdifferentkuaka
you willfindthequeenpuddinghasmeringuetopping

kuaka, May 7, 11:13am
You obviously didn't read what I wrote at #14 - where it says about the meringue on top of the pudding!

vampiriousmist, May 7, 11:44am
From the stuff website :)
APPLE BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING

1 loaf white bread, crusts removed and sliced

100g butter, softened

2 medium cooking apples, peeled

1/4C raisins (I used muscatels)

3 eggs, beaten

1/2C caster sugar

1C cream

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Butter the bread on both sides and arrange in a baking dish.

Slice and core the apple and tuck in among the bread slices then scatter over the raisins.

Beat together eggs, sugar and cream then pour over the bread, pressing so the liquid is absorbed.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until custard is just set.

Serves: four (especially with icecream).

Preparation time: 10 minutes.

Cooking time: 30 minutes.

jimmy2102, May 7, 6:18pm
Try it with croissants and add cocoa powder to the custard mix