Blade Steak Slow Cooker Recipes

silvacat, May 2, 9:32am
Evening All.Am after some tried and true slow cooker recipes for blade steak. Without using Mushrooms (I am allergic to them) or tomatoes (DP not keen on them. Sob sob!) TIA

connor2003, May 2, 10:55am
Haven't got anything with steak but do have this:

Slow cooker, Beef Pot Roast, rolled, boneless cuts.

Turn the slow cooker on high, add 2 tbsp oil. Heat a fry pan with a little oil.Fry 1 cut up onion, 1 chopped carrot, any other little bits and bobs you have, stalks of broccoli, cauli, celery etc. maybe 1c all up. Put that into the bottom of the slow cooker. Sear the meat all over. Put the meat on top of the veggies. Add 1c water to the frying pan to clean off all the drippings, add to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over 1 pkt soup mix, (use any that need to be used up), this helps with making the gravy.Add pepper. Turn the cooker onto Auto, close the lid and don't open it again until you can smell a delicious smell. It would depend on the size of the meat, the cut of your meat, your slow cooker, so many variables. Write down your times etc for future reference. Cook from 4-6 hours. Even more if required. It will be juicy, tender.

janny3, May 2, 12:47pm
STEAK & PINEAPPLE CASEROLE. easy

Place in crock pot: 800-900g blade/chuck/stewing steak cut into 5cm cubes
Cover with a small tin of pineapple pieces and a small tin of tomato soup.
Cook on low all day or a couple of hours on high until meat tender.

janny3, May 2, 1:31pm
BTW:Sorry if you can't handle tomato soup.

Slow Cooker Blade Steaks With Gravy

Serve these steaks with mashed potatoes or noodles.

1 medium red/purple onion, quartered and cut in 1/4-inch slices
4 - 6 chuck/blade steaks
Creole seasoning or other seasoning mix (salt and pepper will do)
3 TB flour
3 TB cold water
1 tspn Kitchen Bouquet or other gravy browning sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Put sliced onions in the crockpot. Sprinkle the steaks with seasoning mixture & put into slow cooker on top of the onions.
Blend flour with cold water; fork or whisk until smooth.
Add gravy browning sauce; spoon over steak.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Serves 4 to 6.

raewyn64, May 2, 9:21pm
I just made one on Sunday and we had it for dinner Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights :)
All I did was cut up the chuck/stewing steak, put it in the crockpot, added a couple of chopped onions and carrots. I didn't have any celery or I would have added that. I also added in a tin of tomatoes but that is optional and did not add mushrooms as I do not like them. I did add some tomato paste as well - your DP might not notice that :)
I then added in two cook in the pot sachets for beef - I think one was a Hot Pot and one was Provencale. I mixed them with red wine - probably about 1.5 cups of wine and then poured that over everything.
I cover my crockpot with a sheet of tinfoil under the lid as it stops some of the heat leaving. I put it on high for a couple of hours and then low for about 4 more hours, giving it a stir every now and then. I throw in some frozen peas about an hour before I want to serve it.It was just perfect. First night we had it with rice, second night with boiled potatoes and third night with some rotis.

delate, May 2, 10:57pm
Fry onion, cubed floured meat in frypan.Disolve 1 Beef OX cube and one Veg OX cube in approx 1 cup of water.Swish it around the fry pan add to slow cooker. Cook as long and as slow as you can.Add carrots etc along the way.Slightly thicken prior to serving. A favourite in our household with mashed spud. YUM!

silvacat, May 3, 8:01am
Thanks!Shall give them a go. :-)

nik12, May 3, 1:23pm
My quick old fashioned one is.
Chop the steak into cubes and throw in a couple heaped tablespoons of flour.Sprinkle of salt and pepper.Chopped up'd carrots and peas. or mix veges. enough so it looks about the right ratio. 1T vinegar, a beef oxo cube, a good squirt of worchester sauce and a good heaped T or 2 of tomato reliah (optional).Just cover with warm water and cook for as long as you can on low. or not so long (if it's lunch time) on high. If the meat is cooked, but it's not as thick as you'd like mix a T of cornflour with enough water to make it liquid and add that.Serve with mashed potato, like any good stew he he.

otterhound, May 4, 6:08am
Curry - it's really yummy!
1 kg blade steak, cut into cubes
1 apple, peeled and chopped
2 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
3/4 cup coconut milk (I use the whole tin, and often it's coconut cream)
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot,diced
4 Tblsp flour
1 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Place steak into crockpot, add onion, apple and carrot - stir.Combine flour with the spices and seasonings.Stir into crockpot.Pour in the coconut milk (or cream) and stir well.Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.30 mins before service turn on to high until sauce has slightly thickened.Serve on rice.
Really easy, and we love it!=)Can also be done with lamb.

lindi4, May 4, 6:17am
I like your one otterhound I make that one thanks to you xx

lindi4, May 4, 6:40am
I dont put the apples in tho

ruby19, May 4, 7:47am
Silvacat I have just bumpeda crockpot thread where I posted recipe for moroccan lamb/beef post #34.

otterhound, May 4, 8:06am
I often don't either!Depends on whether I happen to have any=)

silvacat, May 4, 10:22am
Thanks for the added recipes.Moroccan recipe for sunday dinner I believe! :-)