Best way to cook skirt steak anyone?

darlingmole, May 9, 11:58pm
it says on the meat packet to cube and fry then bring to boil then simmer but the meat isn't very thick and I'm thinking it'll be tough as old boot that way!any suggestions please?

motorbo, May 10, 12:05am
try google...but ive seen chefs on tv cook it on high in griddle pan and not for long so its rather rare in the middle, rest it then thinly slice to serve

245sam, May 10, 12:15am
darlingmole, based on an Alison Holst recipe from many years ago I use skirt steak for stir-fries.:-))

haulier, May 10, 1:43am
Skirt steak makes a beautiful stew.Was what my late mum always made her stews out of.You don't very often see it in the shops much now but saw some in pak n save so I just had to buy it.

sarahj1, May 10, 2:21am
This is a good way to do it for fajitas( tex-mex dish).Marinate first if you want in lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and chili.then pat dry, cook briefly (no more than med-rare) over high heat, let rest then slice thinly across the grain and serve strips of steak with lettuce, salsa, cheease, sour cream etc in tortillas - yummy!

willman, May 10, 3:03am
My mother used to use 'skirt steak' for cassoroles,She reckoned it was the best cassorole meat,she was right too.

motorbo, May 10, 3:08am
best casserole meat if u can get it is beef cheeks .............awesome

chiquita1, May 10, 3:57am
Love using skirt steak for korean bulgogi.Slice thinly, marinade then flash fry very quickly until just cooked.Take off heat - very tender and moist!

motorbo, May 10, 4:44am
yes thats how the chefs cook it

calista, May 10, 7:56am
Crockpot for me.