Casserole too spicy

a_n_h, Apr 13, 5:08am
Hello wise ones,

I have made a beef casserole for tea & I put too much ceyenne peper in it. It there anything I can add to it to lessen the heat or else the kids will not eat it. I haven't got any sour cream as that was my first thought.

scarlettnz, Apr 13, 5:14am
I just did a google on 'casserole too spicy' and some suggestions were to add sugar, add desiccated coconut, or serve with yoghurt.

If you try the sugar suggestion please come back and let us know how it worked out lol.

kiwigoldie, Apr 13, 5:17am
you can add cream to it.or potato.
or thin it with more stock, beer or fluid and then thicken it.

indy95, Apr 13, 5:20am
A_n_h, you could pour off most of the sauce/gravy and replace it with water or maybe stock if you have any to reduce the flavour of the cayenne and I think adding some sugar will probably help with that too. Good luck, it certainly doesn't take much cayenne to add too much "ooomph" does it !

a_n_h, Apr 13, 5:24am
I added some sugar, milk & cornflour & a bit more stock powder & it worked! it was already quite thick so I couldn't really pour much extra off so added more liquid :)
Thank you all for your help

poppy62, Apr 13, 6:06am
Id just put some sour cream in it - will be lovely!

245sam, Apr 13, 6:59am
poppy62, poster #1's first thought re how to overcome her casserole's over-spiciness was to use sour cream but she doesn't have any so that is/was not a solution to her problem however she has found a solution.

Well done a_n_h, hope you and your family enjoy/enjoyed the meal.:-))

a_n_h, Apr 13, 8:34am
Thanks It was really good. Had it over some brown rice which was yummy. Kids wolfed it down to which was good.