Italian herb seasoning

supercook, Apr 30, 8:32am
Going to make my own italian herb seasoning, what would you put in it!

nzrose7, May 1, 2:02am
thyme, marjoram, basil, rosemary,oregano, garlic salt, crushed peppercorns, etc.Have a look at the Masterfoods label.

kinna54, May 1, 3:00am
ditto, and a bit of dried parsley.

bookshelves, May 1, 3:10am
I did this last night to add to some cornflour to make a coating for some fish .used herbs that I had dried from the garden .margoram, rosemary, thyme, garlic flakes, salt and pepper - groud to a fine "dust" in the mortar and pestle . worked a treat.

fisher, May 1, 4:07am
Nice to see folks using herbs and spices.adding goodness and flavour to their meals.:}

fisher, May 1, 4:10am
Dried Herb Salt.Combine all ingredients, crush with mortar and pestle and pour into a shaker. Use on any vegetable instead of salt.
4tbsp paprika.1tsp cayenne pepper.1tbsp black pepper.1tbsp garlic salt.1tbsp salt.1tsp thyme.

supercook, May 1, 5:10am
Thanks for that fisher that sounds great I am going to make some up.

bookshelves, May 1, 5:17am
I am loving herbs and spices - have always used them, but about 2 years ago I stopped buyijng "packet" and jar meal bases and now use herbs and spices to make the real thing - it's soo much nicer grinding your own spices for a curry, or making your own pasta sauce etc.And, so much better for you!
I have a garden full of herbs, so when they start dying back at this time of the year I dry them, crumble into snaplock bags and that sees me through the winter.

fisher, May 1, 9:37am
bookshelves. I have just put up a glasshouse to try and keep those herbs of summer going.especially my beloved basil.It's so much nicer doing it all yourself as you say and even more so knowing they are fresh from your garden. I have for many years now. dried my own herbs. (good to do when sitting down watching the v8's go round and round, picking and stripping as required) and found the best use for a magic bullet. after the herbs had been dried. you want them "JUST' so the moisture has been removed, I blitz them up in my magic bullet and refillinto used masterfood herb jars. make great little gifts for visitors to go away with and of course, great for little tasty sprinkles on top as well as into salads etc etc.

lindylambchops1, May 1, 9:37am
ditto & some dried tomatoes

lindylambchops1, May 1, 9:38am
yes & dried parsley & dried tomatoes

bookshelves, May 1, 7:06pm
Sadly down here in the south, even a glasshouse won't keep things alive. My basil died about a month ago and it was indoors!

falcon-hell, May 1, 7:11pm
i know what you mean,we lose things under cover too,and we have our first frost today-bugger.

supercook, May 1, 7:40pm
Where do you buy dried tomato!