Storing Peas etc in Freezer

carter441, Apr 24, 11:29pm
Has anyone tried storing peas, corn kernels etc in Klick Klack Containers (Tupperware)!I was wondering whether the peas would still be free-flow or will that get all stuck together!I'm trying to make my freezer "work" better in terms of storage and ease of use.Forgive me if this is a stupid question!

lodgelocum, Apr 24, 11:37pm
Hi, they are already free-flow frozen so wouldn't think it would make any difference if you transferred them to a plastic container, good way to keep the freezer tidy !Try a packet and see how it goes before doing them all.

whitehead., Apr 24, 11:44pm
i have worked well costs a bit to get started but saves the mess in the df

carter441, Apr 25, 2:41am
Thanks people

supercook, Apr 26, 1:10am
I have similiar the snapper ones which I bought from home show. They are really good.

beaker59, Apr 26, 2:46am
cut the corner of the bag pour out what you need then twist cut corner up and use breadbag plastic clip to close bag been doing that for 30 yrs never fails :)

barloo, Apr 26, 2:49am
Cut the corner of the bag pour out what you need then fold the opening down a few times then use a spring loaded peg! Freezer Bliss:)

kiwiscrapper1, Apr 26, 2:49am
I used to with tupperware cereal container but that took up more room than the plastic bag so now I just use the clips, but they did keep well and stayed 'free flow'.

charlieb2, Apr 26, 3:25am
Phoar, you're pretty flash. I use clothes pegs! lol

beaker59, Apr 26, 3:42am
Clothes pegs. you're pretty flash I use bread bag ties :D

nauru, Apr 26, 5:21am
I used to use containers but found that they took up way more room than the bags .Nowadays,I keep them in their bags and just use my vaccumsealer to reseal the bag after taking out what I require.

toadfish, Apr 26, 6:55am
My first ones were from the home show. probably snapper as well, my second lot were from a $2 shop but you get what you pay for and several of the cheapies have broken. I am picking you would have ikea for a very long time.

toadfish, Apr 26, 6:56am
Are you only just realising that lol. I used clothes pegs for years. but trust me. snappers are much better. less pee'ing in the fridge.

duckmoon, Apr 26, 7:00am
I like your idea. But the problem with it is:
When you get the right sized container and fill with peas, the volume in the freezer works well.

When you have taken 10 servings of peas out (over how many nights), your container still takes up the same space.

It might work for you, but that would annoy me

dlmckay, Apr 26, 7:05am
It bugged me too, the containers are gone and large ziplock bags are in place.I just put the opened bag inside a large ziplock and roll it up.Done.

elliehen, Apr 26, 10:12am
This is what I do.and I get my ziplock bags at Alison's Pantry in the supermarket.Even if I am buying just a handful of brazil nuts, I choose the biggest bag ;)

charlieb2, Apr 26, 11:32am
I have done many things in my lifetime toadie, but pee-ing in the fridge is NOT one of them.

toadfish, Apr 26, 7:48pm
lolololol