Bukj cooking for the freezer

hindsfeet, Apr 22, 9:43pm
So we are getting a new kitchen and as my husband is installing it after work we might be without a working kitchen for awhile. I thought about doing some bulk meals and freezing in meal size portions . I am doing Apricot Chicken today but need some more ideas please ladies

elliehen, Apr 23, 12:48am
It's so frustrating when you can't edit the thread heading, but you might get some interested lookers-in who thought, as I did, that Bukj was some sort of Eastern European cooking ;)

makespacenow, Apr 23, 1:00am
oH I am EE and no does not sound EE
but talking about EE
you can make goulash (tastes better after few days in the fridge anyway)
lasagna
chicken & chickpea casserole
shepherds pie
curries freeze well
soups -
chicken paprika etc.

hindsfeet, Apr 23, 5:55am
Thanks for posting elliehen and thanks for the ideas makespacenow. That has given me some more ideas. dont need a big selection planning on doing a few stir frys as well with pre cut veggies. I couldn't believe I made that stupid mistake on the title

lx4000, Apr 23, 6:49am
do you have space to set up crock pot, deep fryer, electric fry pan, rice cooker etc! And got to love bench top oven/grills:)

hindsfeet, Apr 23, 7:23am
got a crock pot microwave and an electric element. Hubby going to set up one bench in the dining room. Washing dishes in the tub in the laundry. We will cope. just trying to make it a little easier. At least its only me and hubby

kay141, Apr 23, 7:38am
Roast chicken pieces and veges can be frozen and will heat and crisp in an electric frypan.

hindsfeet, Apr 23, 10:53pm
oh ok I did wonder if I could do roast veggies

kay141, Apr 24, 1:03am
I do. I have a Crisp n Grill microwave so I heat them in there or in the oven. Either works so a frypan should too. I usually cook my largest roasting dish full of veges and chicken drumsticks, then freeze them in meal sized containers. I cook for one so bulk cooking is often done. Roasts, corned beef, casseroles, soup, pasta bakes, pasta sauces, meatballs, fish pies and shepherds pies are the main things which can be reheated without an oven.

hindsfeet, Apr 24, 1:07am
Ive never heard of a Crisp n Grill microwave before. That must be very handy. I did think about doing a couple of big pots of potatoes and freezing in ice cream scoop lots . and good idea about the pasta bakes and fish pie too thanks

kay141, Apr 24, 1:17am
It is. Saves heating an oven to grill 2 sausages.