Can you make wine in beer barrel brew kit?

niffer13, Apr 22, 7:24am
Hubby is thinking of having a go can he use his plastic beer barrel that he makes beer in or does he need a glass one!

pickles7, Apr 22, 7:51am
I use camp-den tablets to sterilise everything between brews of wine or beer.
I finish my wine in glass demijohns. It is just my preference.
Beer or malt brews stay in plastic.
http://makingmyownwine.blogspot.co.nz/

I have not got a lot in there as I don't make a lot of wine these days.
If you look at my profile you will find my vinegar blog, if the wine dose not finish as well as he expected it to.

niffer13, Apr 22, 9:40pm
Do you make your wine from a brew kit or fresh fruit! I can't get into your blogspot.

pickles7, Apr 23, 8:30pm
I used to make wine from everything I could get my hands on. A great idea is to join your local "wine making club". You will get some very helpful advise there. They usually have some fun times, competitions and often have very interesting speakers. I prefer the wine kits now, as they are very reliable.
I will, when I find my old wine book write up some other wines I made, some of my better ones were,beetroot, banana, [ dried] apricot, banana and apricot, plum,over ripe bananas add a lot of body, use the skins as well. I often put them in my wine.
pity the link did not work for you, may work today.

niffer13, Apr 26, 6:16am
Thanks for that. Ours is being made from a brew kit. Looking FWD to tasting day!

guest, Jan 11, 6:15am
If time is money you've made me a weieahtlr woman.

guest, Jan 13, 1:18pm
Yes we honor all AHA cards and other home brewers aastcisoion. As far as prices online we will get there we are just trying to still stock the store up to meet the demand of our customers. Feel free to email us anytime for prices.

guest, Jan 14, 9:52am
Apr20Kay Weaver Not quite three months old and pliayng in the snow! Simon must have some Alaskan in him. This will be the spring to remember and celebrate when summer actually comes.