Pancakes

bev00, Jan 8, 10:51am
2 cups of Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of sugar
3 eggs
1 3/4 cups of milk
60g of butter melted

Sift Flour and salt together and sprinkle sugar over. Beat eggs with milk and pour over flour. Stir until all flour is moistened - batter will be lumpy. Lightly stir in melted butter. I sometimes add a little more mil once mixture is well mixed to make a slightly thinner batter.

pollyannayeeha, Apr 21, 6:34am
I never seem to get it right, does anyone have a sure fire recipe. Thanks

cookessentials, Apr 21, 6:43am
I have a great Margaret Fulton recipe that I have used for years, it works every time. Let me know if yoou would like it

marcs, Apr 21, 7:43am
This one here. I have posted before and have had good reviews. Try it. You can make pancakes or piklets out if it.

1 Cup Self Raising flour
3 tbs Sugar
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp vinegar or lemon juice
¾ cup milk
1 egg
30g butter melted
1 tsp vanilla.

Pour lemon Juice into milk and sit aside for 5 mins. Sift all dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients and pour into the dry mix. Let it sit for 5 minutes however you don't have to do this. Cook on medium heat. You can add choc chips, berries or anything else you can think of in this recipe. Hard to get it wrong.

donna_jo29, Apr 21, 9:32am
2tbspn sugar
vanilla essence,
half cup milk
1 egg or 2 cant remember, i think its 1
3/4 of flour
half tspn baking soda,
tspn cream of tartar whisk all with whisker not fork
i only eat mcdonalds ones but i like these ones too.
does anyone know the mcdonalds pancake recipe

jns, Apr 21, 9:56am
I use an Alison Holst recipe, it's called American Pancakes.They always turn out amazing, and really easy to make.

Sift 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour (or use plain flour with 1 Tbs baking power and pinch salt) into a bowl.Add 3 Tbs sugar.Then 50g melted butter, 2 eggs and 1 cup milk.

Stir with a fork until no longer lumpy.(won't need too much stirring).

Cook spoonfuls in pan, turning when bubbles appear.

Serve with Maple Syrup.

I also make my syrup, super easy too:
In a saucepan put 1 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup water.Bring to boil in saucepan, stirring.Remove from heat and stir in a few drops of vanilla essence to taste.