Custard squares.

2young1, Apr 21, 4:32am
tried one of those famous ones the other day. you know those ones. it was blerk.well I found it was .

patxyz, Apr 21, 4:33am
mmmm.cold custard on soggy biscuitsmmmm.

patxyz, Apr 21, 4:33am
mmmm.cold custard & (edit) faecal coliforms on soggy biscuitsmmmm.

elliehen, Apr 21, 4:35am
Ever since seeing on Fair Go the results of a study that found Custard Squares and Chicken Rolls throughout NZ to have the highest level of faecal coliforms of all cafe-style food, I have resisted the impulse to buy any brand ;)

whitehead., Apr 21, 8:24am
i like to cook flaky in the oven cut into squares dollop with brought custard and top with another square ice with lemon or choclate icingyummycrisp and crunchy

kuaka, Apr 21, 9:07am
Yuk, I'm pleased I didn't see that particular Fair Go.Custard squares is one of my all-time favourites, even though I haven't had one for years.

smiggles15, Apr 21, 9:11am
Get a square tupperware slice keeper and line with 9 huntly and palmers cream crackers, then top with thick custard and then with another layer of the crackers. Top with vanilla icing and sprinkle with coconut.mmmmm yummy!

marcs, Nov 24, 10:37am
Agree with you there. Don't see the fuss about it. Good custard square anyday

daisyhill, Nov 24, 10:58am
Awwww, I used to have a chicken roll and custard square from my favourite Christchurch bakery nearly every week, until it collapsed in the earthquake and took people with it. Happy food memories, although I had a lucky escape on the day as was on a diet so went to Subway instead. I'm not sure I will ever have that particular meal again as it has too many memories for me now, but I certainly enjoyed both despite any faecal coliforms that may or may not have been present!

kuaka, Nov 24, 11:21am
I wonder how many faecal coliforms you have to eat before you get sick!

mumstu, Nov 26, 4:05am
smiggles15 I love that recipe, works every time and so easy :)

harrislucinda, Nov 26, 4:14am
yeslikethequickwaymakingcustardsquareswithcrackerbiscuits

melisk, Nov 27, 7:20pm
It's actually really easy to make your own.I've tried this recipe:
http://www.bakingmakesthingsbetter.com/2012/10/custard-slice.html

purplegoanna, Nov 27, 8:14pm
yip i make the good ole huntly and palmers ones too.so easy never been any reason to make them any other way.

vonkrum, Nov 28, 5:57am
my nan used to use Sao biscuits, (like huntley and palmers) then the custard and iced them with Passionfruit icing.Was really yummy.