How do you make custard without burning the

elsielaurie1, Jun 15, 8:45am
bottom of the pot?????I can bake and cook most things, but custard!!!!!!I always manage to burn the bottom of the saucepan and spend the next 10 minutes trying to get it clean....please....any suggestions.A grateful 'thank you' in advance....:-}

t.rose, Jun 15, 8:47am
cook it low and keep stirring it, thats what I find I have to do unless someone else here is more on to it without saying...microwave it or buy it in the box lol

wheelz, Jun 15, 8:51am
I always do mine in a BIG glass pyrex jug in the microwave. I think microwaves were invented for this reason !

pam.delilah, Jun 15, 8:53am
x1
cook it on low heat anduse a whisk instead of a spoon

gardie, Jun 15, 9:01am
Same.Once the milk and sugar is almost boiling, take it out and quickly pour all of your custard powder mix and in stir well until it thickens.The heat of the milk will cook the custard.(No need to pop back in microwave).If not hot enough, there will be a 'floury' texture.If so, cook it a little longer.

pickles7, Jun 15, 11:53am
The only way, or buy ready made.

cheeseepoof, Jun 15, 12:05pm
x1
buy a descent pot

paora-tm, Jun 15, 2:59pm
+1000

harrislucinda, Jun 15, 10:16pm
howcan thatbe ?is themilknearlyboilingbeforeputting in themixcustardpaste,
oncethatisinshouldonlybe2minjusttocook
Ithinkwhatyou aredoingisaddingthemixto themilkthenbringing to theboilitwillburn then

grolaunshucar, Jun 15, 10:30pm
x1
use microwave. b easier

mackenzie2, Jun 15, 11:01pm
Yip micowave here to.....

taurus2005, Jun 15, 11:33pm
microwave as per pkt instructions....best ever

jcsolgier, Jun 15, 11:39pm
Stir constantly, custard from scratch is amazing and worth the effort!

pickles7, Jun 16, 12:19am
I can say that about my egg custard....jcsolgier....

kiwibubbles, Jun 16, 12:25am
sorry but i agree with the microwave thing - its just so easy!

malcovy, Jun 16, 12:28am
I agree too with microwave method, I would never go back to the stove method.I use a large whisk to beat it.

elsielaurie1, Jun 16, 4:28am
Easy for those who have a microwave....It's Seameal custard I was making....Plus I use a copper-based saucepan....Thanks for all your tips...:-}

kuaka, Jun 16, 10:33am
I always rinse the saucepan with cold water first and don't dry it.Then pour the hot milk into the custard mix and stir (this prevents lumps) and then pour it back into the saucepan and stir it constantly as it re-heats and thickens.Only burns if the gas or element is too high.

pickles7, Jun 16, 10:45am
I make seameal custard in a pot.
Mix 2 Tablespoons ofSeameal Custardto a smooth paste with a small amount of milk taken from 600ml.Add the remaining milk and mix.Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.Remove from heat and stand the pan in cold water for 5 minutes, then pour custard into serving dishes.Refrigerate until set.

fee1965, Jun 17, 7:39am
use a whisk, cook slowly and don't stop stirring it