HELP! fondant

craig7000, Apr 20, 12:13am
why is my fondant cracking and overlapping on edge of cake i just cant get it right!I have never used fondant before and am doing a topsy turvy cake desperately need help to fix it

chicco2, Apr 20, 2:01am
I would love to help you, but its a bit tricky from here. If you type cake decorators guild nz into Google and click Branches, there is a list of branches including one in Levin, maybe one of their members will help. You have certainly taken on a challenge if you havent worked with fondant before. Main reason for cracking is not enough rubbing with hands to stop it drying.
Good luck, I really hope it works out for you.

sclaredy_cat, Apr 20, 3:49am
Wow you don't start off small do you! I have done a few topsy turvys and they are really really tricky. My first one had me in tears and I had done a lot of cakes before I attempted it. I would suggest looking on youtube for some tips. I live in Levin too but I won't be home until tomorrow night so probably can't help much. I could give some pointers but some things are best seen in action. Is it for someone you know! Friends/family are really forgiving, so please try notto stress out too much.

craig7000, Apr 20, 4:34am
Thanks I've managed to fix most of it just 1layer to go! Never again will I attempt this cake its driven me nuts!

sclaredy_cat, Apr 20, 4:39am
Would love to see pics (you show me yours and I will show you mine hehe!)

craig7000, Apr 20, 4:54am
its for my sisters 16th birthday party tomorrow evening. but i'm leaving shortly to go to wairarapa. Would ove some help for a couple of future cakes if you wouldn't mind.

craig7000, Apr 20, 5:03am
ahh don't know how to load aphoto!

craig7000, Apr 20, 5:08am
thats it so far still have a larger bottom layer to go

chicco2, Apr 20, 5:40am
WOW. Good for you. You have done well.

sclaredy_cat, Apr 20, 9:30am
Wow that's a fantastic effort ! Hope it hasn't caused you too much grief! I bet everyone is really impressed. Youve done a really good job. Have another go just for fun sometime so you're not too pressured - its very addictive :)