Whats your best chicken soup?

matt_forall, Apr 19, 11:17pm
I have half a roast chicken and left over roast veges. Anyone got some good chicken soup recipes!

dreamers, Apr 20, 12:14am
If I had that asleftovers, I would make a chicken pie and add some others ingredients(onion and green veg etc) as all the goodnesshas gone from your chicken to make good soup.

dreamers, Apr 20, 12:14am
If I had that asleftovers, I would make a chicken pie and add some other ingredients(onion and green veg etc) as all the goodnesshas gone from your chicken to make good soup.

matt_forall, Apr 20, 1:53am
Everyone wants soup tonight for tea

fifie, Apr 20, 2:14am
Soup can be bland made with cooked chicken but try this if you want to make some. Pull meat off chook and save. Throw carcess into a pot cover with water salt, few peppercorns, couple bay leaves, tops of the celery if you have it, veg peelings if you have them, OR carrot,onion, sprig of thyme. Simmer around 1 hour cool lift out chicken frame strain liquid skim off fat, discard everything else, put stock back in pot with chopped carrots,diced onion, S/P chopped celery good handful of soup mix or barley simmer till cooked add some of the leftover meat taste and season againand serve with some nice hot crusty bread. For your leftover roasties i'd either make a curry dressing or similar and serve over them warmed as a salad OR if you don't want to make soup grease a ovenproof dish choproasties up,add leftover bits of chicken, tin of your fav creamy soup ie chicken or asparagus,S/P mix carefully to combine sprinkle over breadcrumbs,grated cheese, some chopped parsley and bake till hot and bubbly and top golden.

jimmy2102, Apr 20, 4:11am
Chicken mulligatawney

janny3, Jul 2, 11:13am
A visitor shared her chicken soup that was very tasty and filling.She simmered chicken, potatoes, kumara, onion, celery, carrots in a large pot of water with a packet of pumpkin soup and chicken soup mixes.It was also thickened with pasta and very delicious.

Any other home favourite chicken soup recipes!

miri_s, Jul 2, 3:00pm
Some good quality bacon included with the stock ingredients will definitely boost the flavour as well, making up somewhat for the fact the the OP is using precooked chicken.

toadfish, Jul 2, 6:51pm
I got this from the simple savings site - It's really very good.

Noel's Chicken Soup
•1 - 2 cooked chicken carcasses (or cooked chicken pieces, whatever you have)
•Approximately two litres water
•2 chicken stock cubes
•1 packet Kings Country Chicken soup mix
•About 1/3 cup Pam's soup mix (for those outside NZ this is just a cheap and cheerful basic soup mix)
•1 large onion, chopped
•About 1 1/2 tsp mixed herbs (essential!)
•1 tsp minced garlic (or two cloves, crushed)

All or any of the following winter vegies (you can only usually fit in 4 or 5):
•1 potato
•1 large carrot
•1 reasonable sized piece of pumpkin
•1 - 2 celery stalks
•1 parsnip
•1 kumara
•1/2 a swede or turnip

Throw everything together in a large pot or slow cooker and bring to the boil. Cook slowly for as long as you want or until the vegetables and pulses from the soup mix are softened and cooked through. Remove all the chicken bones and enjoy, no need to thicken or blend. Makes a super thick, chunky soup. Yum!

janny3, Jul 3, 1:15am
I like that one.Am going to first make pumpkin and leek soup in the chicken & bacon boiling liquor then will make chicken soup like you suggest.Thanks!