chicken soup question

waster22, May 4, 1:27am
can i make a soup out of chicken wings?

245sam, May 4, 1:58am
yes waster22, you sure could - use the chicken wings to make some good homemade chicken stock that you can then use as a base for your chicken soup. :-))

cookessentials, May 19, 2:17am
Yes, absolutley, you wont gt a heap of meat off htem - depends on how many you will be using of course, but with added vege, it should be fine.

margyr, May 19, 2:35am
i would make stock first and then strain it, pull wings to bits and then concoct soup. just so you dont get little bits of bones and grizzle in your soup.

elorac2, May 19, 3:25am
I agree, nothing more annoying that a grizzly chicken soup.

lukn4bargans, May 18, 5:14pm
Or, if you cant be bothered just add wings to water with onion a little garlic, a little bit of dried sage, carrots, other vege of your choice, spuds, pumpkin, kumara, what ever you like then slowly simmer for 30-40 mins until vege are tender, hopefully the spuds would have thickened your broth ehough (you only want to add enough water to JUST cover them, not drown them, actually don't even cover it all, just add enough so it is just under everything. That way there is not too much to thicken.

If potatos dont thicken enough... a little tip... mix sime cornflour in water and slowly add and mix (some people will shudder at the thought of adding cornflour, but it works and its tasteless).

You could also add a stock cube...