Dried lasagne sheets

janny3, Apr 2, 6:43am
Is it really important to soak them before use!

I haven't really made a lot of lasagne.

Thanks in advance for your help.

pinky10, Apr 2, 6:53am
If the packet says no cooking required or precooked then nope, you can just layer the dried sheets in and the moisture of the meat sauce and the heat cook them

livewire13, Apr 2, 8:10am
i love the dried lasagne sheets,you dont have to cook then, just make sure the sauce is moist

cookessentials, Apr 2, 8:18am
I have never soaked them I just use them dry. You will find there is enough liquid in your meat or vegetable sauce as well as your bechamel sauce to make it perfectly.

janny3, Apr 3, 12:43pm
THANKS everyone.I'm going to give it a go but didn't want to bother w/ all the extra fiddling.Much appreciated.Cheers!

waipawa, Apr 3, 1:29pm
Might pay to give it a bit longer to cook, as well as make sure there is plenty of liquid for them to soak up, otherwise they can be a bit tough.

sarahb5, Apr 3, 11:08pm
Depends what brand of pasta you use - never have any issues with Barilla lasagne sheets being tough and you don't have to pre-cook or soak them

janny3, Apr 10, 12:33pm
THANKS again!

olwen, Apr 10, 5:39pm
After watching Rachael Ray I dip them in water.I've only used Barilla and love them (and they are on special at Countdown at the moment)

sarahb5, Apr 11, 1:36am
I saw that at lunchtime - and the wholemeal version (which is surprisingly good) has bonus Onecard points too .

janny3, Apr 11, 1:51am
My caregiver decided to get fresh lasagne sheets.If there aren't enough of them,will try some Barilla from the local shop.

Now for a nice recipe.Thanks everyone!

purplegoanna, Apr 11, 1:53am
NEVER HAD ANY LUCK WITH THE DAMN THINGS, I STICK WITH THE FRILLY LASANGE PASTA

sarahb5, Apr 11, 3:08am
Man I hate that stuff - too small and takes ages to layer by comparison with the big sheets of Barilla which tastes better too - it's the only brand of pasta I buy

purplegoanna, Apr 11, 7:12am
im going to give it one last attempt with barilla brand.

seniorbones, Apr 11, 10:39am
I always buy fresh too but will give the Barilla brand a try, I always decide to make lasagne when I dont have any! so always handy to have in the pantry.
Thank goodness the days have gone when it had to be cooked first! whoever developed precooked sheets deserves a medal :-)

deb821, Apr 12, 9:09am
ive used ones lasnga sheets that said pre cooking not needed, but had bad results and was not cooked . from now on, i just soak them in boiling water for a few mins, and they are fine. I watched a cooking show and the chef did exactly the same with his dried sheets too. may depend on brands etc

sarahb5, Apr 12, 10:01am
Have never had any issues with the pasta not cooking in lasagne but I do always use Barilla brand and I very rarely use as much pasta as it says anyway because I don't want thick wads of cooked or uncooked pasta in it

purplegoanna, Apr 30, 10:06pm
last night after finding i had no pasta i made lasange with layers of freshly made pancakes instead of pasta.its was devine and mrpg & myself were most impressed so see ya later pasta its pancake lasange all the way now.

nzrose7, May 1, 1:59am
I use the San Remo dried brand. No soak, but I do make sure the meat mix is sloppy, and not overfill dish.

harrislucinda, May 1, 2:11am
ialsotryedtheno cooksheetsandfoundtheynevercookedasallotheringredsonlyneedheating thru

sarahb5, May 1, 3:04am
I cook my lasagne for about 45 minutes and never have an issue with the dried lasagne sheets not cooking - I always use Barilla brand and have never soaked a lasagne sheet in all the years I've been making it!