Japanese cheesecake

jasperr10, Apr 9, 9:47am
I'm attempting to make Japanese cheesecake tomorrow! I was wondering where can I buy cream cheese! I am not sure what it is. is it kinda like sour cream! any super market brands you can recommend!

any tips are appreciated thank you

cuteviolet, Apr 9, 9:48am
You will find it in any supermarket or dairy.

jasperr10, Apr 9, 10:00am
what does the packaging look like! do you know what brands distribute this product! thanks for your help :)

olwen, Apr 9, 10:06am
Mostly it is in tubs like sour cream.There are a number of brands.One well-known brand is Philadelphia.It is packed in blocks with silver paper wrapping instead of the tubs.

elliehen, Apr 9, 10:11am
I'd go with the Philadelphia block in the silver box.There are too many other variables like 'Lite' and 'Spreadable' and flavoured varieties.

For a cheesecake you cannot go wrong with the Philadelphia rectangular silver box.

jasperr10, Apr 9, 10:27am
yay! thank you soo much everyone! :)

kiwitrish, Apr 10, 1:41am
What is the difference between aJapanese cheesecake and a normal cheesecake!

elliehen, Apr 10, 3:51am
I'd like to know too.I Googled and found this:

"Asian-style cheesecake flavours include matcha (powdered Japanese green tea), lychee and mango. Asian-style cheesecakes are also lighter in flavour, and are sometimes light and spongy in texture. Compared to its counterparts, it is also considerably less sweet.

Japan
Japanese-style cheesecake relies upon the emulsification of cornstarch and eggs to make a smooth flan-like texture and almost plasticine appearance."

hestia, Apr 10, 4:30am
A Japanese cheesecake is a baked cake in which cream cheese has been incorporated into the cake batter. It is somewhat like a sponge cake with cream cheese in it.

guest, Jan 11, 8:25am
You make thgnis so clear. Thanks for taking the time!

guest, Jan 13, 1:40pm
/ Paul / Good that you named the spot Nothing more irritating than rdaenig surf mags and they never name the spot for fear of pissing off the locals! Nice vid