Easy and tasty Vege recipes?

kazzy2, Apr 6, 8:12am
Hi all

I am trying to get creative with Veges to make them more appealing to both the kids and I - I will read through the threads but if you have any surefire quick and easy ways with veges, then please share :0)

I have been doing the beans in olive oil, with garlic and toasted pine nuts - and sprinkle of parmesan - that was delicious

And tonight I tried Cauliflower Puree - boiled in chicken stock, added knob butter, little milk, salt and pepper - the kids loved it.

Is there any particular cookbook with great vege ideas!

Thank you for any suggestions

Kazzy2

elliehen, Apr 6, 8:49am
Roast assorted vegetables on baking paper in bite sized pieces (potato, kumara, pumpkin, carrot, red onion, mushroom, capsicum, broccoli, cauliflower) for 40 mins at 200*C after stirring through a little oil to coat.

After they're cooked add a grind of black pepper and a little salt to taste and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.

lurtz, Apr 6, 8:59am
It sounds as though you already have the great ideas. I'll keep an eye on what else you suggest:-)

dixiechicks, Apr 6, 9:07am
Parboil cauliflower then put in an ovenproof dish.Slice onion, then tomato and put over cauli, then cover with cheese and grill - yum

kazzy2, Apr 6, 9:16am
That sounds fab thank you - copying recipes to Word document so can print them all out :0)

kazzy2, Apr 6, 9:18am
LOL ok Lurtz unfortunately at this stage that is about my limit recipe wise for veg - but I am reading through old threads and copying recipes as we speak. I will post some in here if find some of interest - and easy lol

kazzy2, Apr 6, 9:19am
Dixie that sounds really tasty!I have been adding cumin seeds to my cheese dishes lately and that is devine too - might go well in your recipe! And fresh basil on top - yummmmm

theanimal1, Apr 7, 11:00pm
Ratatouille

Ingredients

1 tbsp oil

1 onion

1 aubergine(eggplant)

1 red pepper

half a green pepper

1 clove garlic

2 tins of tomatoes

Method

Heat the oil in a saucepan. Chop the onion and fry for one minute. Roughly chop the peppers and aubergine, add to the pan and fry for one minute. Crush the garlic and add to the pan with the tomatoes.

Bring to the boil, put the lid on the pan and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take the lid off the pan, stir well and simmer for another 15 minutes.

Season with plenty of fresh black pepper and serve.

jimmy2102, Apr 7, 11:34pm
Hi Kazzy, ive just been reading! Tender - A cook and his vegetable patch - by Nigel Slater, it has really inspired me to eat more veges and i love them already, i loaned it from the library but have just been online to order my own copy. Someone mentioned that he writes a weekly collum! in the guardian, you could google his recipes.

bugsbunny1, Apr 7, 11:56pm