Can you freeze cottage cheese and sour cream.?

korbo, Mar 28, 5:12am
Just wondering if anyone has frozen these. thanks.

korbo, Mar 28, 9:06am

lilyfield, Mar 28, 7:46pm
no never have as it keeps weeks in the fridge. But google says yes to dry cottage cheese

hazedaze, Mar 28, 7:53pm
Might pay to say freeze a tablespoon full and then defrost another time to try, rather than perhaps lose a full container!

datoofairy, Mar 28, 7:54pm
I have frozen sour cream.Its a bit watery when it defrosts but if you stir it well, its fine again.

korbo, Mar 28, 10:33pm
done. will check them out later.

245sam, Mar 29, 6:04am
I have never frozen sour cream but have frozen cottage cheese - IMO the cottage cheese tends to be somewhat dry and crumbly but it is still ok, depending of course on what it's after- freezing use is which for me is usually a Cottage Cheese Meat Loaf, a great way of extending 500g mince in a meat loaf - will post the recipe if you would like it.:-))

245sam, Mar 29, 6:04am
I have never frozen sour cream but have frozen cottage cheese - IMO the cottage cheese tends to be somewhat dry and crumbly but it is still ok, depending of course on what it's after-freezing use is which for me is usually a Cottage Cheese Meat Loaf, a great way of extending 500g mince in a meat loaf - will post the recipe if you would like it.:-))

korbo, Mar 29, 8:32am
245sam. yes please.

245sam, Mar 29, 9:22am
No problem, here you are, korbo.

COTTAGE CHEESE MEAT LOAF
500g lean mince
1 tbsp prepared mild mustard or any prepared mustard of choice
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup tomato sauce
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp finely chopped or grated onion
1 cup (1 x 250g pottle) cottage cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese

Combine all the ingredients, except the parmesan cheese, then press the mixture into a greased 23cm x 15cm loaf tin.
Bake at180°Cfor1 hour.Remove from the oven and top with the parmesan cheese.
Return to the oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven again and allow to stand for about 5 minutes - for ease of cutting.
Serve hot or cold.:-))