Lamb shanks

curveball, Mar 25, 4:16am
roast, slow cooker - what do you recommend!

sumstyle, Mar 25, 5:37am
I roast em, but only cos they don't fit in my slow cooker.

jessie981, Mar 25, 6:17am
Probablycooking, but I would roast

fifie, Mar 25, 7:25am
If roasting, put in a oven bag with some rosemary. If slow cooking rub with oil crushed garlic s/p brown in hot frying pan into S/C drizzle of balsamic vinegar OR mint sauce whatever you like over, them lid on cook make gravy out of yummy juices.Either way.

lodgelocum, Mar 25, 7:30am
I use slow cooker, roll in seasoned flour, then brown them in a little oil, transfer to slow cooker, adding onion, chunky cut carrots and parsnips, mushrooms, red wine, and stock or water, cook 6-7 hours on slow, they are so tasty and the meat just falls off the bone.

susieq9, Mar 25, 8:30pm
Thanks lodgelocum.Just what I was looking for, for tea tonight.

pheebs1, Mar 26, 1:02am
slowcooker mccormicks do a really good slowcooker shanks sachet too

fisher, Mar 27, 2:24am
Roasted Lamb ShanksPreheat oven to 200c
Ingredients:
Lamb shanks5 cloves garlic, bruised2 tbsp each of coriander and cumin seeds, toasted and ground2 tbsp brown sugar
250ml beef stock1/4 cup white winesalt and freshly ground black pepper
Method:
Put everything into a roasting dish just big enough to hold it. Mix everything well, cover tightly and bake 2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
Remove the lamb, discard the garlic and set aside. Skim the fat from the pan juices.

fisher, Mar 27, 2:24am
Roasted Lamb Shanks with Mint GlazeServe with kumara and potato mash and green vegetables
4-8 lamb shanks1/4 cup thick mint sauce1/4 cup liquid honey2 tbsp crushed ginger2 tbsp soy sauce2 tbsp brown sugar
Place all glaze ingredients in a bowl and mix well Line a roasting pan with foil leaving a generous overhang. Place the lamb shanks in pan
Brush generously with the glaze. Fold over and seal foil so that shanks are completely enclosed. Reserve remaining glaze
Cook in oven at 160C for 11/2 - 1 3/4 hrs. Uncover shanks, baste with remaining glaze - return to oven for a further 30 - 40 mins
Baste with glaze in the pan 3 or 4 more times.

fisher, Mar 27, 2:25am
Crock Pot Minted Lamb ShanksLow all day ~ 10 hours
4 lamb shanksmint saucesprig rosemaryclove garlicbay leafchopped oniondiced carrot and celery 1/2 carton of Campbell's Beef Stock. Place all in crockpotRemove shanks and thicken sauce with either flour or cornflour. Serve over potato/kumara mash with long green beans.