Passionfruit Bar/Square

graham1972, Feb 29, 9:04am
I went to a Cafe the other day and brought a Passionfruit Bar/Square it
has a butter and flour etc base and a Passionfruit etc topping would anyone have a recipe.Thanks in advance

supercook, Feb 29, 9:29pm
Check Australia womans weekly site. We made a great passionfruit slice at a cafe I used to work for.Topping was just passionfruit, lemon juice and condensed milk.

cookessentials, Feb 29, 9:29pm
This is my version, not sure if it's what you want.

Passionfruit Slice
Ingredients:
180 g butter, chopped
3/4 cup castor
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
2 eggs
Passionfruit Frosting
180 g butter, chopped
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
Method:
Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees C. Brush deep 20cm square tin with oil. Line with grease proof paper extending over 2 sides, grease paper. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence in a small bowl with electric beater until light and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl. Sift flours into mixture and add passionfruit. Mix until just combined. Spoon into prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until pale, golden brown. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to rack to cool. Spread with Passion frosting. Passionfruit Frosting: Beat butter, icing sugar and passionfruit pulp with electric beater until light and creamy. Note: Slice is best eaten on the day it is made. If using fresh passionfruit pulp, you will probably need about 8 medium-sized passionfruit.

cookessentials, Feb 29, 9:29pm
I also have a recipe for passionfruit butter biscuits if you would like it!

spot20, Mar 1, 2:03am
Yes i used to make that recipe and it was dvine.would to find it again!

justme27, Mar 1, 2:13am
Mmm, the passionfruit butter biscuits sound yummy cookessentials.recipe pleeease.Anyone else have any yummy passionfruit recipes to share!

cookessentials, Mar 1, 2:39am
Here you go justme27

Passionfruit Butter Biscuits(makes approx 40)
For passionfruit lovers, these are just perfect to serve with a hot cuppa!
Ingredients:
250g butter,softened
220g icing sugar
300g plain flour
75g cornflour
50g rice flour
2 tbsp passionfruit pulp.
Method:
Combine butter,sugar and flours in a food processor,process 2 minutes or until combined. Add passionfruit, process till mixture clings together. Transfer mix to a floured surface,knead gently till smooth. Cut mix in half and roll each half into a log 25cm long, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour. Preheat oven to moderately slow (170) cut logs into 1cm slices. Place slices about 3cm apart on greased oven trays. Bake about 20 minutes or until pale golden colour. Cool on a wire rack.

justme27, Mar 1, 6:38am
Thanks for this cookessentials, I'll definitely be making those :)

dbab, Mar 1, 7:40am
Mmmm, me too.

cookessentials, Mar 1, 5:53pm
Let me know what you think.

tommydog, Mar 2, 5:23am
Sounds delicous shame Passionfruit are $44.00 a kilo in christchurch at the moment.

cookessentials, Mar 2, 8:23am
Eeek, thats dreadful.

pickles7, Mar 5, 1:38pm
cool,,, more passion fruit recipes

rainrain1, Mar 5, 7:41pm
Passionfruit Slice. This recipe makes quite a lot so you could halve the ingredients if you wanted, but I just don’t know how you are going to halve 3 eggs!

Line a sponge roll tin with baking paper and set oven at 170 deg C.

Cream:
375 grams butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar

Add:
3 cups self raising flour

Press 2/3 of this mixture into the tin, keeping the other 1/3 to sprinkle on top. Bake for 10 minutes and cool.

Cream:
700 grams cream cheese
1 1/2 cups passionfruit pulp (the jars are fine - doesn’t have to be fresh)

Once smooth add:
3 eggs
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Pour onto the base, sprinkle remaining crumbled mixture on top and bake until set - 45 - 60 minutes.

geldof, Mar 7, 8:33pm
OP, I came across this recipe for Passionfruit slice.
It has the condensed milk, lemon and passionfruit toppping.

http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2010/01/passionfruit-slice-recipe.html

falcon-hell, Mar 7, 10:07pm
sounds delicious,cooks,can you use the pulp in the jar! i use it for muffins and find it really good,and if passionfruit are that dear in chch,christ knows how much they would be by the time they truck over to us,lol.