NZ Masterchef 2012

Page 23 / 24
fifie, Jun 13, 1:12am
Countdown must have had the new ad all ready to go, just seen Miss Chelsea on it with Brett, looks like its all about the marketing.

miri_s, Jun 13, 1:14am
Couldn't be bothered watching the final.The chef with the most creative potential went home 3 weeks ago - he also took away a better, long term prize in the form of an apprenticeship.He may not have deserved to have won on the basis of what he presented in this show, but if he knuckles down and works hard he could have a good career ahead of him.The rest will sink into obscurity.

davidt4, Jun 13, 1:28am
Wasn't it!I suppose it was no more vulgar than any of the other cakes they've had to make, and not quite as ghastly as the hamburger cake.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 13, 1:34am
More of a sculpture than anything edible!

nfh1, Jun 13, 2:30am
In the thread on General there are comments sayingAna said Chelsea was given an extra 15 minutes to plate up the trifle - did anyone hear this when she was interviewed!

mwood, Jun 13, 3:27am
It was a mutual agreement :
http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/tvnz-responds-social-media-rumours-over-masterchef-winner-chelsea-winter

quid-pro-quo for Simon's advise to Ana ! LOL

charlieb2, Jun 13, 3:39am
That was interesting. has anyone put up this link to Tony's side of the "Singapore Sling (ing match)"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm!c_id=1501119&objectid=10811429

mwood, Jun 13, 3:43am

purplegoanna, Jun 13, 4:05am
i read that myself.if thats the case ana is the winner!

strebor1, Jun 13, 4:24am
Agree totally.

jia5, Jun 13, 4:24am
Don't agree. Ana put the wrong ingredient in one of her layers, therefore another layer was missing an ingredient.As opposed to Chelsea putting one of her layers in the wrong place, but the integrity of her trifle was still there. Also looked better than Ana's.

strebor1, Jun 13, 4:30am
I think it is rapidly becoming Simon Gault's show, and probably what he wants, he gets. Just as the garden show on TV1, rapidly became Maggie Barrie's show, remember that! Perhaps I am showing my age now. However I don't think it should become a cat fight, which it certainly seems to have become.I personally don't think Brett or Jax are any better cooks than a lot of New Zealand foodie women, I am sure there are better cooks out there, that just don't enter.

jia5, Jun 13, 4:44am
The judges should be tasting the food not knowing who cooked what. It would be a lot fairer and would cut out having favourites. What could be a good program is ruined by the judges and their preconceived ideas and interferring in the cooking processes. Telling a contestant to go back and read their recipe is cheating just as much as the 2 who were accused of this after swapping ingredients. Sorry if this sounds a bit garbled, Hope you get what I mean. lol

strebor1, Jun 13, 4:46am
Yes it certainly would be fairer wouldn't it.Maybe they might adapt that approach for the next season! I think they will do whatever Simon wants to do. It was a very refreshing change to have Rick Stein on last night. He comes across as a lovely man!

purplegoanna, Jun 13, 4:49am
but if chelseas trifle was not finished then not finished is abit different to putting wrong layers in place.

strebor1, Jun 13, 4:53am
According to TV1, they were both given 15 minutes extra, so I guess that is fair.

jia5, Jun 13, 5:00am
Well I guess that is only one of the inconsistancies throughout the whole program, and as we didn't actually see that I wasn't taking it into consideration. The whole programme needs to be changed so it's fairer.

anden16, Jun 13, 5:06am
Hi- it was all filmed 9 mths ago. On the Stuff site it says that Chelsea was 15 mins behind Ana and was granted another 15 minutes- is that fair-I don't think so.

esther-anne, Jun 13, 5:18am
I wonder if it's time to bring in overseas chefs to judge the finals! and maybe the semi-finals too!Preferably these guest chefs would have had no access to any of the episodes and therefore would not be able to develop the biases so clearly shown by one of our judges.

I also like jia5's suggestion that the judges, at the business end of the contest, should have no idea whose food they are judging.

And what a gentle lovely man Rick Stein appeared to be!

miri_s, Jun 13, 6:54am
He's always been my favourite celebrity chef in terms of personality.So down to earth.I love the simplicity of his food as well - no pinch ofpretention included in his list of ingredients.

strebor1, Jun 13, 6:59am
I miss Chalky!

ibcreative, Jun 13, 7:10am
They were BOTH given an extra 15 minutes.

charlieb2, Jun 13, 7:25am
A quote from the NBR link above:

Ms Winter was given an extra 15 minutes to complete her final dish (a fact not shared with viewers) - but so was co-finalist Ana Schwarz.

tehenga288, Jun 13, 9:14am
The more I read/hear about this show the more I think it is a total farce. It's not even a reality show as it's all managed and manipulated right down to predetermining who the winner will be. As for waiting 9 mths to air the show after a winner has been found-how ridiculous

strebor1, Jun 13, 9:23am
Yes it is ridiculous to wait that long for the show to be viewed. I agree with the thought it shouldn't be screened live, however, they could start showing it, the week after each episode or something, to take away that time period.It is a shame there aren't consolation prizes for 2nd and 3rd too. As for the Cookbook, which seems to be more important than the car or kitchen appliances, there is no way I would buy a cookbook of any of the winners so far. They just aren't good enough, or inspirational enough to justify the price. I notice the 1st and 2nd winners are still trying to pedal off their books, and I bet Chelsea will have a problem selling hers as well.